Out of the Box
Directly after installing, the Details will guide you through an initial quick setup for the core appearance and functionality. Keep in mind that all of these settings can be changed later on. I would suggest not skipping this setup, as it also show you how to use several of the addon’s more useful features. Here is what the setup covers:
Bar Update Speed:
- DPS and HPS Recording Method: Effective Time calculates values using the raw amount of healing or damage done over the whole time spent in combat. Activity Time pauses the combat timer when everyone in the group stops attacking or healing, even if they are still in combat. Effective time is generally considered the most accurate method to use, as online combat logging websites use this method for rankings. I would suggest selecting Effective Time.
- Prefered Numeral System: This one is easy, just pick the system you personally use.
- Quick Appearance Settings: This portion of the setup gives you the core appearance options.Details helps you set up the appearance right after installation.
Skin: These are preset options for the Details window. Simply pick the one you like the most, or one that matches your UI. Keep in mind that settings such as text size and font can be changed later!
- Create Second Window: Clicking this will do exactly what you think it will, create a second window. This is useful if you want to view two sets of information at the same time, such as DPS and HPS.
- Change Color: Lets you change the color of your windows.
- Show Statusbar: The statusbar is a bar at the bottom of the window. It shows extra information such as time spent in combat, total group DPS, or your game's frame rate. It is not required to use other core features, so using it is entirely up to you.
- Texture: The texture setting changes the appearance of the bars inside the window.
- Icons: This setting changes the icons on the left side of each bar. By default it will show the icon corresponding to the specialization of that player.
The next set of options change how quickly Details updates DPS and HPS values. During this part of the setup, your windows will automatically display fake DPS numbers to show you how the update speeds would look in combat. The settings you use here entirely depend on your computer and personal preference (While the impact is very small, faster updating and animations do have an affect on performance).
- Update Speed is the time in seconds between updating the bars and numerical values.
- Enable Animations causes the bars to slide back and forth smoothly as values change. When disabled, the bars move to the new position instantly.
- The last option will cause DPS and HPS values to update in real time as they occur, which looks really cool. Recommended for people that record gameplay or live stream.
At this point, you have completed the basic setup for Details. The remaining parts of the setup wizard go over how to use some of the core features of the addon. This guide specifically goes into more detail about Window Control, Bookmarks, and Plugins later on. Once finished, simply click the skip button.