People didn't want to read my story
. It was too long. I guess most people just want to hear the HOW. Sorry, there is no magic get rich method (at least one that I know of). My secret?I farmed
. Not all of it came from farming but enough. DISCLAIMER: This is all based on your realm's market
Like most, I was a lurker with a few noob posts that got downvoted to death. I tried all or most types of gold making except the cards stuff.
The following is why I chose farming.
- Hyper spawn spots.
- It kept me engaged for hours because I was part of a 2x4 group. I didn't like the chats in the cities.
- I have two monitors so I watch stuff and farm (most of time as a BM monk) or dual box.
- I farm mainly bones and linen because of the chance of BOEs and Mount drops.
- I didn't like herbs and mining because of the lack of flying in BFA and you have to pay attention more.
- I enjoyed getting the instant gratification of selling new content mats because they sell faster.
- Sitting at the AH, posting, cancelling, and reposting all day wasn't for me. I couldn't stay awake for it and you get that anger built up when someone is constantly undercutting you.
- There isn't enough mats in the AH for me to flip daily or repost at pretty stacks.
- Tmog is too slow to be the main source of income.
- Sniping also can't be a main source of income because you're hoping for mistakes. You can go hours, days, weeks without making big mistakes.
- Warfront is just every 2 weeks and it involves too much babysitting of the AH.
- Sky Golem isn't enough to get to 5mil ever and takes time to set up the process.
- Have at least 2 accounts. A 2nd low level sniper would pay itself.
- Get a BM monk if you want to do these farms.
- Sell in pretty stacks at the lowest pretty stack price and not at the lowest price overall. This isn't a race to the bottom and undercut by 1 copper.
- If you want to make gold and play then flipping is pretty much the only option.
- Sell the boe greens to those trade chat buyers or DE and sell gloom dusts in pretty stacks depending on prices.
- Reset the market if you can afford to. I am VERY lucky that someone resets those markets often.
- I think I could have done it 3 weeks but got sidetracked because I had to play catch up on a lot of things after being away from the game for 10 years.