The Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands has turned blood red. Hundreds of strange-looking orcs are violently pouring into Azeroth, killing everything that stands in their path. Nethergarde and Okril’lon have already fallen, and while the Horde and the Alliance moved as quickly as they could to get reinforcements to their people, they are too late. The Iron Horde invasion has begun.
In this desperate hour, King Wrynn and Warchief Vol’jin have called upon their greatest champions to join the front lines in the Blasted Lands and do whatever they can to stop the Iron Horde . . . before the rest of Azeroth falls before them.
Prepare yourself. Draenor is waiting.
New Character Models
- Character models for races from the original game Dwarf, Gnome, Human, Night Elf, Orc, Tauren, Troll, Undead, and Draenei have been overhauled with an increase to fidelity and texture resolution; while retaining the core look and feel of the originals. (Click here to see Wowhead's playlist of new character models).
- Character animations have been updated to have more personality and now support expressive facial expressions. Emotes are now more emotive!
- Some of the new and improved character models can be viewed on our website.
- Barber Shop now provides additional character facial-customization options.
- The Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands has turned blood red. Hundreds of strange-looking orcs are violently pouring into Azeroth, killing everything that stands in their path. Nethergarde and Okril’lon have already fallen, and while the Horde and the Alliance moved as quickly as they could to get reinforcements to their people, they are too late. The Iron Horde invasion has begun.
- Adventurers looking to dislodge the Iron Horde’s attempts to establish a foothold on Azeroth should visit the Blasted Lands.
- A specially revamped five-player version of Upper Blackrock Spire is available to level-90 characters for a limited time, and sets the stage for the coming counterstrike against the Iron Horde.
- (Click here to see Wowhead's preview of the event)
- Premade Groups is a directory of parties and raids that are looking for more people. You can browse the list of groups or list your own group for others to see. The Premade Groups tab is found in both the Dungeons & Raids and Player vs. Player sections of the now consolidated Group Finder pane.)
- For an in-depth explanation of Premade Groups, check out Premade Groups: Looking for Adventure.
- The quest log has been integrated into the world map to make it easier to know where to go and what to do.
- Some quest items no longer take up space in the inventory and can be accessed through the Quest Tracker.
- Quest tracker automatically sorts quests based on proximity when crossing into a new zone.
- Items in the inventory now have a colored border around them to indicate their quality from Poor (grey) to Legendary (orange).
- Tradeskill materials now stack up to 200 (up from 20).
Bag Sorting and Cleanup
- Fun items accumulated through the course of travels now have a new home in the Toy Box. Eligible items can be learned by right-clicking on the item in the inventory. Once learned, the item is available account-wide and accessible to all characters on the account.
- Want to complete the collection? Like the Mount and Pet Journal, items that haven’t been unlocked yet will show information on how the item can be obtained.
- Toys awarded from quests will be automatically added to the Toy Box.
- (Click here to see Wowhead's guide to the Toy Box.)
- Bags can now be assigned to a specific item type (Equipment, Consumables, and Trade Goods). The bag will display a mini-icon showing what type of item it's assigned to.
- Added a "Clean up Bags" button to automatically sort items in the character’s inventory, moving all empty slots to one area, and automatically sorting items to the correct bag. There’s also the option to ignore a bag from cleanup.
New Void Storage Tab
- A Reagent Bank tab has been added to the Bank providing storage for raw materials.
- Characters can now craft using the materials stored in both their Reagent Bank and Bank from anywhere.
- Characters can visit the bank to unlock the new Reagent Bank tab providing additional storage space for profession materials.
- Characters can now purchase an additional tab for Void Storage. That’s an extra 80 spaces!
New Raid Structure
- Each difficulty has its own lockout.
- Dungeon Finder no longer has a tab for queuing into Flexible (now Normal) Raid difficulty.
- Difficulty levels and Raid sizes have been restructured for Siege of Orgrimmar and new Raids going forward as shown below.
|5.4.8 ||(Old)6.0.2 (New)|
|Raid Finder (25) ||Raid Finder (10-30)|
|Flexible (10-25) ||Normal (10-30)|
|Normal (10), Normal (25) ||Heroic (10-30)|
|Heroic (10), Heroic (25) ||Mythic (20)|
Newly Boosted Characters now start on the front lines in the Blasted Lands, doing whatever they can to stop the Iron Horde pouring out of The Dark Portal and start with a basic set of spells and abilities for their class. Characters unlock the rest of their spells and abilities by advancing through the Iron Horde Incursion world event in the Blasted Lands.
Character and Class Changes
Introduction to Character and Class Changes
Welcome to a look at character and class changes. We're trying a new patch note format, which we hope will help better convey the reasoning for many of the changes being made and what they mean for you, while providing more background into issues we're trying to solve.
Looking for a TL;DR summary of the character and class changes? Here you go!
- Character stats have been squished into smaller numbers that are easier to understand. It's important to understand that this is not a nerf as enemies' stats have been squished as well.
- Balanced functionality of Agility, Strength and Intellect.
- New secondary stats: Bonus Armor, Multistrike, and Versatility.
- Hit and Expertise have been removed; they're no longer needed in order to reliably land attacks!
- The pacing of healing has been adjusted to allow for more tactical decision-making regarding efficiency and throughput, on both single-target and multi-target heals. Passive and auto-targeted healing have been reduced in effectiveness in order to emphasize the actions and choices of healers.
- Racial traits have been rebalanced so that all races have similar combat performance.
- All classes have had several abilities pruned, with a focus on redundant and less-used abilities to cut down on button and keybind bloat.
- Amount of crowd-control in the game (primarily PvP) has been drastically reduced. Many crowd-control abilities have been removed, and many diminishing returns categories have been merged together.
- Several common buffs and debuffs have been merged, or removed, where they were redundant.
- All characters now learn some important Major Glyphs automatically as they level up.
- Toned down the amount of instant healing in the game by giving cast times to several instant cast heals.
- For Tanks, Vengeance has been redesigned and renamed Resolve.
- Resolve does not increase outgoing damage, but does now increases tank self-healing and absorption based on damage taken.
- Facing requirements (character positioning) on some prominent abilities have been loosened or removed.
- Reduced Mana cost of Resurrection spells to make it a little easier to recover from a wipe.
- Professions no longer have combat benefit perks tied to them.
- A multitude of class-specific changes, things like improved distinction between different Talent specializations, and new Masteries. Please consult class-specific sections below for more information.
Character progression is one of the defining characteristics of a role-playing game. Naturally, that means that we're continuously adding more power to the game for players to acquire. After 4 expansions and over 9 years of this growth, we've gotten to a point where the numbers involved are no longer easy to grasp. And worse, much of the granularity that's available is tied up in tiers of older content from 화산핵
to 용의 영혼
, none of which are really relevant anymore. It's no longer necessary for 북풍의 땅
quest gear to be nearly twice as powerful as 황천의 폭풍
quest gear, even though the two zones are only a couple of levels apart.
In order to bring things down to an understandable level, we've reduced the scale of stats throughout the game, back to as if they continued scaling linearly through questing content from levels 1 to 90. This applies to creatures, spells, abilities, consumables, gear, other items.. everything. Your stats and damage have been reduced by a huge amount, but so have creatures' health. For example, your 화염구
that previously hit a creature for 450,000 out of its 3,000,000 health (15% of its health), may now hit that same creature for 30,000 out of its 200,000 health (still 15% of its health). In effect, you will still be just as powerful, but the numbers that appear will be more easily parsed.
It's important to understand that this isn't a nerf, and we have special handling in place to preserve players' existing ability to solo old content. Players will deal bonus damage against lower-level creatures from past expansions, and will take reduced damage from them.
We've also removed all base damage on player spells and abilities, and adjusted Attack Power or Spell Power scaling as needed, so that all specializations will scale at the same rate.
- The amount of stats on items has been reduced to be much lower than before.
- Creature stats have been reduced to compensate.
We've also streamlined the multitude of various types of Haste % and Critical Strike % bonuses.
- Spell Haste %, Melee Haste %, and Ranged Haste % have been merged into a universal Haste %.
- Spell Crit %, Melee Crit %, and Ranged Crit % have been merged into a universal Crital Strike chance.
Primary Character Stats and Attack Power
The "primary" stats, Agility, Strength, and Intellect, are foundations of a character's power. But they have not been created equally, making it difficult to properly balance them against secondary stats. The leading reason for this is that Agility and Intellect also provide Critical Strike chance, in addition to Attack Power or Spell Power, whereas Strength does not. In order to achieve better balance, we've removed the Critical Strike chance increase from Agility and Intellect. Still, it felt like Agility-based characters should critically strike more often, so we've raised those classes' baseline Critical Strike chance to compensate.
- Agility no longer provides an increased chance to critically strike with melee and ranged attacks or abilities.
- Intellect no longer provides an increased chance to critically strike with spells.
- The base chance to critically strike is now 5% for all classes. There are no longer different chances to critically strike with melee, ranged, and spells.
- There is a new passive, named 치명타, which increases chance to critically strike by 10%.
It is learned by all Rogues, all Hunters, Feral and Guardian Druids, Brewmaster and Windwalker Monks, and Enhancement Shaman.
"The "primary" stats, Agility, Strength, and Intellect, are foundations of a character's power. But they have not been created equally, making it difficult to properly balance them against secondary stats." We've consolidated the way that Attack Power and Spell Power function and scale, to make those values clearer and correct some scaling issues regarding caster weapons relative to physical weapons.
- Each point of Agility or Strength now grants 1 Attack Power (down from 2). All other sources of Attack Power now grant half as much as before.
- Weapon Damage values on all weapons have been reduced by 50%.
- Attack Power now increases Weapon Damage at a rate of 1 DPS per 3.5 Attack Power (up from 1 DPS per 14 Attack Power).
- Attack Power, Spell Power, or Weapon Damage now affect the entire healing or damage throughput of player spells.
mitigation has worked very well as a tanking model. So, moving forward we want to keep the amount of Dodge and Parry on tanks on the low side. This helps prevent encounters from causing very spiky damage on tanks, which generally isn't much fun. Dodge and Parry gains from Strength and Agility are being reduced to help accomplish this. Additionally, items in Warlords of Draenor will not have Dodge or Parry on them as a stat. Some Dodge and Parry can still be gained through class-specific effects.
- The amount of Dodge gained per point of Agility has been reduced by 25%.
- The amount of Parry gained per point of Strength has been reduced by 25%.
We're making a number of changes to itemization based on a single philosophy: We want to increase the chance that any given item drop is useful to someone in your group. To support this philosophy we're making a few changes to stats. Most items found in Draenor will work for all specializations within a given class, so that you never have to grumble when you see, for example, Intellect plate drop in a group that lacks a Holy Paladin.
We're also reducing the number of role-specific stats: Hit and Expertise are gone, as are Dodge and Parry as stats on items, replaced with a single tank stat of Bonus Armor. Armor and Spirit will be specific to tanks and healers respectively, but all other secondary stats will have universal appeal.
Because of the magnitude of this change, we're retroactively applying this philosophy to items in Mists of Pandaria. After the pre-expansion patch you may find that some of your items contribute different stats, but they should still be good for your class.General
Mists of Pandaria and Future Items
- New secondary stats added:
Bonus Armor: Increases Armor and Attack Power for tanking specializations.
- Multistrike: Grants a chance for spells and abilities to fire up to 2 additional times, at 30% effectiveness (both damage and healing).
- Versatility: Increases damage, healing, and absorption done. Reduces damage taken.
Warlords of Draenor and Future Items
- Dodge and Parry have been replaced with Bonus Armor. If an item had both Dodge and Parry on it, it has been replaced with an additional useful secondary stat.
- Head, Chest, Hand, Wrist, Waist, Leg, Feet, Weapon, Shield, and Off-hand items that had tanking stats (Dodge, Parry) or healer stats (Spirit) have been replaced with a different universally useful secondary stat.
- Plate Armor pieces will always have Strength and Intellect on it.
- Mail and Leather Armor pieces will always have Agility and Intellect on it.
In an effort to reduce the physical mitigation of some classes, we've modified the amount of Armor provided by some armor types.
- Plate, Mail, and Shields now have less Armor relative to Cloth and Leather armor.
Hit and Expertise Removal
Hit and Expertise were not fun stats. They acted to remove a penalty, instead of making you stronger. Most players treated Hit/Expertise caps as mandatory (rightfully so), with failure to reach those caps as a trap of sorts. After adjusting, gemming, and reforging gear to meet that cap, players could then go after the actual damage-increasing stats. We decided to remove Hit and Expertise, and make it so you don't need them. We still want melee specializations to attack creatures from behind when possible, so attacks from the front will have a 3% chance to be parried that cannot be eliminated for non-tanking specializations.
Hit and Expertise has been removed as a secondary stat.
Hit and Expertise bonuses on all items and item enhancements (gems, enchants, etc.) have been converted into Critical Strike, Haste, or Mastery.
All players now have a 100% chance to hit, 0% chance to be dodged, 3% chance to be parried, and 0% chance to glance, when fighting creatures up to 3 levels higher (bosses included).
Tanking specializations receive an additional 3% reduction in chance to be parried, so tank attacks have a 0% chance to be parried vs. creatures up to 3 levels higher.
- Creatures that are 4 or more levels higher than you still have a chance to avoid your attacks in various ways, so as to discourage you from attempting to fight enemies that are much stronger than you.
- Dual Wielding still imposes a 19% chance to miss, so as to balance it with two-handed weapon use.
Hit and Expertise bonuses on all items and item enhancements (gems, enchants, etc.) have been converted into Critical Strike, Haste, or Mastery.
All characters now have a 100% chance to hit, 0% chance to be dodged, 3% chance to be parried, and 0% chance for glancing blows, when fighting creatures up to 3 levels higher (bosses included).
Tanking specializations receive an additional 3% reduction in chance to be parried. Tank attacks now have a 0% chance to be parried vs. creatures up to 3 levels higher.
Creatures that are 4 or more levels higher than the character still has a chance to avoid attacks in various ways, to discourage fighting enemies that are much stronger.
Dual Wielding still imposes a 19% chance to miss, to balance it with two-handed weapon use. 죽음의 기사
- now reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%.
- 힘의 균형 has been removed. A new level-100 talent with the same name has been added.
- Nature's Focus no longer increases the chance to hit with 달빛섬광 and 태양의 격노.
- Thick Hide now also reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%.
- no longer increases Hit or Expertise.
- 시간차 now also reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%.
- has been removed.
- Spiritual Precision has been removed.
- no longer increases the chance to hit with spells.
- 성역 now also reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%.
- Elemental Precision has been removed.
- no longer increases the chance to hit with 번개 화살, 용암 폭발, 사술, or .
- 굳건한 파수대장 now also reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%.
Secondary Stat Attunements (New Section)
A new concept that we're introducing is each specialization having an attunement to a particular secondary stat. These take the form of a passive ability that grants a 5% increase to the amount of a specific secondary stat gained. This provides a good starting point for where to focus your secondary stats. Usually, it will be your highest throughput stat (not counting Spirit for Healers, and Bonus Armor for Tanks, which is an optimal secondary stat in most cases). There are exceptions, and raw throughput may not even be the biggest concern in some situations. 선물
this as a guideline, not a rule, about which secondary stat to favor.
All specializations now receive a 5% bonus to specific secondary stat bonuses received from all sources. This bonus is granted through new passive abilities or additional effects added to existing passive abilities.
- New passive abilities granting a 5% bonus to specific secondary stat bonuses received from equipped items have been added for all specializations.
- 죽음의 기사
- Frost: Haste
- Beast Mastery:
- Combat: Haste
- Subtlety: Multistrike
Player Health and Resilience
We're planning several interconnected changes designed to provide better-tuned gameplay for healers and improve the healing dynamic in PvP.
The high amount of base Resilience and PvP Rules Enabled (HARDCODED)
in Mists of Pandaria caused characters to feel much weaker in PvP than they did in PvE. To address this disparity, we're approaching Warlords of Draenor with the goal of shrinking that gap as much as possible. To reduce dependence on Resilience, we needed to increase player survivability against other players, and we chose to do this by essentially doubling (post-squish) player health.
On its own, that increase in health would make players more survivable in the world at large, so we're also increasing creature damage and the effectiveness of healing spells to balance things out. The net result of these changes is that individual attacks will knock a smaller chunk off of a player's health pool in PvP, but your survivability in PvE remains unaffected.
Doubling player health gave us room to reduce Resilience and PvP Rules Enabled (HARDCODED)
, but our goal was to be able to remove them entirely. In order to achieve that, we're also reducing PvP spike damage across the board by lowering Critical Damage and Critical Heals against players in PvP to 150% of their normal effect (down from 200%). The changes have allowed us to reduce base Resilience to 0%, and Battle Fatigue to 20%. Changes to PvP
Changes to Health Pools
- Base Resilience has been reduced to 0%.
- PvP Rules Enabled (HARDCODED) has been reduced to 20% (down from 60%).
- Critical Damage and Critical Heals in PvP combat now deal 150% of the normal spell/ability effects (down from 200%).
- Amount of health gained per Stamina point has been doubled. The curve on this calculation has been smoothed out as well, so exact amount varies slightly by level.
- Maximum mana has been doubled at all levels to keep pace with expected increases to maximum health from new Stamina values.
- All consumables now restore twice as much health and mana.
- All creatures had their melee damage doubled. Most creature spells and abilities have had their damage doubled as well.
- All player-cast healing and absorption effects have been increased by approximately 50% in effectiveness. If they heal or absorb a percentage of maximum health, they are instead reduced by 25%. All other noted changes are in terms relative to that.
- For example, if another noted change is that "Mega Heal now heals for 40% more," that means that Mega Heal now heals for a total of 210% of what it used to, which is relatively 40% higher compared to other heals.
Retuning Healing Spells
One of our goals for healing is to tone down the raw throughput of healers relative to the size of player health pools. Currently, as healers and their allies acquire better and better gear, the percentage of a player's health that any given heal restores increases significantly. As a result, healers are able to refill health bars so fast that we have to make damage more and more “bursty” in order to challenge them. Ideally, we want players to spend some time below full health without having healers feel like their groupmates are in danger of dying at any moment. We also think that healer gameplay would be more varied, interesting, and skillful if your allies spent more time between 0% and 100%, rather than just getting damaged quickly to low health, forcing the healer to then scramble to get them back to 100% as quickly as possible.To that end, we're buffing heals less than we're increasing player health. Heals will be deliberately less potent compared to health pools than before the item squish. Additionally, as gear improves, the scaling rates of health and healing will now be very similar, so the relative power of any given healing spell shouldn't climb so much over the course of this expansion. For those concerned about what this means for raiding, don't worry—we're taking all of these changes into account when designing Raid content for Warlords of Draenor.
It's also important to note that spells that heal based on a percentage of maximum health are being effectively buffed by the massive increase to player health pools, so we're lowering those percentages to offset the effect. That may make them appear to have been nerfed—however, the net result is that those percentage-based heals stay about the same as before relative to other heals.
All of these changes apply to damage-absorption shields as well. Additionally, we're toning down the power of damage absorption in general. When they get too strong, absorption effects are often used in place of direct healing, instead of as a way to supplement it. We will, of course, take these changes into account when tuning specializations that rely heavily on absorbs, such as Discipline Priests. "We want healers to care about who they're targeting and which heals they're using.." We also took a look at healing spells that were passive or auto-targeted (so-called "smart" heals). We want healers to care about who they're targeting and which heals they're using, so that their decisions matter more. To that end, we're reducing the healing of many passive and auto-targeted heals, and making smart heals a little less smart. Smart heals will now randomly pick any injured target within range instead of always picking the most injured target. Priority will still be given to players over pets, of course.
Another of our goals for healing in this expansion is to strike a better balance between single-target and multi-target healing spells. We've taken a close look at the mana efficiency of our multi-target heals, and in many cases, we're reducing their efficiency, usually by reducing the amount they heal. Sometimes, but more rarely, raising their mana cost was a better decision. We want players to use multi-target heals, but they should only be better than their single-target equivalents when they heal more than two players without any overhealing. This way, players will face a meaningful choice between whether to use a single-target heal or a multi-target heal based on the situation.
Finally, we're removing the low-throughput, low-mana-cost heals like 육성
, 성스러운 빛
, Heal, and 치유의 물결
, because we think that while they do add complexity, they don't truly add depth to healing gameplay. (We're also renaming some spells to re-use those names. For example, Greater Healing Wave is being redubbed 치유의 물결
.) However, we still want healers to think about their mana when deciding which heal to cast, and so the mana costs and throughputs of many spells are being altered to give players a choice between spells with lower throughput and lower cost versus spells with higher throughput and higher costs. Here are some examples from each healer class.
- Druid Higher Efficiency: , 회복, Efflorescence
- Druid Higher Throughput: 재생, 급속 성장
All of this discussion of efficiency may cause most healers to start worrying about mana regeneration and their mana pool. To allay those concerns, we've increased base mana regeneration a great deal at early gear levels, while having it scale up less at later gear levels. This will make all of these changes play well even in early content such as Heroic Dungeons and the first tier of Raid content, and also play well in the final Raid tier without mana and efficiency becoming irrelevant due to extremely high regeneration values. "..we've increased base mana regeneration a great deal at early gear levels, while having it scale up less at later gear levels."
That's a lot of big changes for healers: reduced throughput, a more deliberate pace, less powerful “smart” heals, weaker absorbs, fewer spells, and a new focus on efficiency decisions. We're confident that we can apply lessons learned from previous expansions to make this the best healer experience yet: more dynamic, less punishing, and frankly a lot more fun.General Changes to Healing
- Smart heals will now randomly pick any injured target within range, instead of always picking the most injured target. Priority will still be given to players over pets.
- Long-cast-time single-target heals, such as 상급 치유 and , now cost roughly half as much as fast-cast-time single-target heals, such as 빛의 섬광 or 치유의 파도, and heal for roughly the same amount.
- Every class has multiple area healing spells available, some low throughput and efficient, others high throughput and inefficient.
- Area healing spells are tuned to be less efficient than single-target healing spells when they heal 2 or fewer targets, and more efficient when they heal 3 or more targets.
- Spells with cooldowns or limitations may have higher efficiency than the no-cooldown equivalents.
We want races to have fun and interesting perks, but if those traits are too powerful, players may feel compelled to play a specific race even if it doesn't suit their aesthetic preference. For example, Trolls' Berserking ability was extremely powerful, and their 야수 사냥 전문화
passive was often irrelevant, but occasionally tremendously powerful compared to other racial passives. On the other end of the spectrum, many races had few or no performance affecting perks. We also needed to replace or update a number of racials that previously granted Hit or Expertise, since those stats have been removed.We decided to bring down the couple high outliers, then establish a fair baseline and bring everyone else up to that. We achieved that by improving old passives, replacing obsolete ones, and occasionally adding new ones where needed. Our goal with these changes is to reach parity amongst races.
- 블러드 엘프
비전 지각 is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike chance by 1%.
- 비전 격류 now restores 20 Runic Power for 죽음의 기사s (up from 15 Runic Power), 1 Holy Power for Paladins, or 3% of mana for Mages, Priests, and Warlocks (up from 2% of Mana]). Other parts of the ability remain unchanged.
- 나루의 선물 now heals for the same amount over 5 seconds (down from 15 seconds).
- 용맹의 기운 has been redesigned. It no longer increases Hit by 1%, and instead increases Strength, Agility, and Intellect, scaling with character level.
- Crack Shot has been removed (was 1% Expertise with ranged weapons).
- Mace Specialization (was 1% Expertise with maces) has been replaced with 산의 강대함.
- 산의 강대함 is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike bonus damage and healing dealt by 2%.
- 석화 now also removes magic and curse effects in addition to poison, disease, and bleed effects, and reduces physical damage taken by 10% for 8 seconds (down from all damage taken). It remains unusable while the 드워프 is under the effects of crowd control.
- 영리함 now increases maximum mana, energy, rage, and Runic Power by 5% instead of only increasing maximum mana.
- 탈출의 명수's cooldown has been reduced to 1 minute (down from 1.5 minutes).
- Shortblade Specialization (was 1% Expertise with one-handed swords and daggers) has been replaced with 날렵한 손가락.
- Time is Money now grants a 1% increase to Haste (up from only attack speed and spell haste).
- Mace Specialization has been removed (was 1% Expertise with maces).
- has been removed (was 1% Expertise with swords).
- 인간의 정신력 has been redesigned. It now increases 유연성, scaling with character level.
- 민첩성 now also increases movement speed by 2% in addition to increasing Dodge chance by 2%.
- 엘룬의 손길 is a new passive ability which increases Haste by 1% at night, and Critical Strike chance by 1% during the day.
- Axe Specialization has been removed (was 1% Expertise with axes).
- 지배 now increases pet damage by 1% (down from 2%).
- 강인함 now reduces the duration of Stun effects by 10% (down from 15%).
- 우직함 is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike bonus damage and healing done by 2%.
- 인내력 now increases Stamina by an amount scaling with character level, instead of increasing Base Health by 5%.
- 광폭화 now increases Haste by 15% (down from 20%).
- 야수 사냥 전문화 now increases XP earned from killing Beasts by 20%, instead of increasing damage dealt versus Beasts by 5%.
- Dead Eye has been removed (was 1% Expertise with ranged weapons).
- 포세이큰의 의지's cooldown has been increased to 3 minutes (up from 2 minutes).
- Undead can now breathe underwater indefinitely.
Ability Pruning and Consolidation
Over the years, we've added significantly more new spells and abilities to the game than we've removed. This has led to the complexity of the game increasing steadily over time, to the point we're at now, where players feel like they need dozens of keybinds. There are many niche abilities which could theoretically be useful in some rare case, but usually are not. There are many abilities that we'd be better off not having. We decided that we needed to make a strong push for paring down the number of abilities each class/spec has. That means making some abilities restricted to certain specs that really need them instead of being class-wide, and outright removing some other abilities. It also includes removing some Spellbook clutter, such as passives that could be merged with others, or with base abilities.
However, this doesn't mean that we want to reduce the depth of gameplay, or "dumb it down.” We still want there to be interesting decisions during combat, and for skill to matter. But, that doesn't require complexity; we can remove some needless complexity and still retain the depth and skill variance.
One type of ability that we focused on is temporary power buffs ("cooldowns"). Removing those also helps achieve one of our other goals, which is to reduce the amount of cooldown stacking in the game. In cases where a class/spec had multiple cooldowns that typically ended up getting used together, often in a single macro, we merged them, or removed some of them.
What abilities and spells got cut is a very, very difficult
question to answer. Every ability is vital to someone, so we don't take this process lightly. We hope that even if we cut your favorite ability, you can see it in the context of our larger goals. It's important to remember that the point of these changes is to increase players' ability to understand the game, not to reduce depth of gameplay. We attempt to prune abilities with the intent to reduce the amount of keybind/macro bloat and merging abilities that served a similar purpose but are otherwise redundant together.Additional Changes
Revised the levels at which class abilities are learned to provide a smoother leveling experience.
Please see the Classes Section for changes specific to each class.
Crowd Control and Diminishing Returns
Another big takeaway from Mists of Pandaria is that there was simply too much crowd control (CC) in the game. To solve that, we knew that we needed an across-the-board disarmament. Here's a summary of the player-cast CC changes:
- Removed Silence effects from all Interrupts. 침묵s still exist, but are never attached to an Interrupt.
- Removed all 무장 해제s.
- Reduced the number of Diminishing Returns (DR) categories.
All Roots now share the same DR category.
Exception: Roots on 'Charge' types of abilities have no DR category, but have a very short duration instead.
All Stuns now share the same DR category.
All Incapacitate ("최면
") effects now share the same DR category, and have been merged with the Horror DR category.
A list of which Diminishing Returns category each crowd-control ability belongs to can be found in the forum thread titled: Diminishing Returns in Warlords of Draenor.
Removed the ability to make crowd-control spells with cast-times into instant-cast with a cooldown.
Removed many crowd-control spells entirely, and increased the cooldowns and restrictions on others.
- Pet-cast CC is more limited and often removed.
- 회오리바람 can now be dispelled by Immunity effects and 대규모 무효화.
- PvP trinkets now grant immunity to reapplication of an effect from the same spell cast when they break abilities with persistent effects like 태양 광선.
- Long fears are now shorter in PvP, to account for the target also needing to run back afterward.
Additionally, we've significantly reduced the number of throughput-increasing cooldowns and procs, in order to further reduce burst damage. Please keep in mind when reading the specifics of the patch notes that some classes may have lost abilities, or had the power of select abilities reduced. These changes were made in the context of the above goals. Other classes have a reduced crowd-control ability overall. We believe that this entire package of changes will make PvP a more enjoyable experience for everyone.
- 죽음의 기사
Rune of Swordbreaking has been removed.
- Rune of Swordshattering has been removed.
- Bear Hug has been removed.
- 회오리바람 now shares Diminishing Returns with Fears, and can be canceled by immunity effects (i.e. 천상의 보호막, 얼음 방패, etc.), and can be dispelled by 대규모 무효화.
- 방향상실의 포효 has been renamed to 행동 불가의 포효, incapacitates enemies instead of disorienting them, and its effect now shares Diminishing Returns with other 최면 effects.
- 겨울잠 has been removed.
- 무력화 is now available only to Feral Druids.
- 자연의 손아귀 has been removed.
- can no longer turn 회오리바람 into an instant-cast spell.
- 태양 광선 no longer 침묵s a target again more than once per cast. Additionally, the Silence effect from this spell now shares Diminishing Returns with other 침묵s.
- 태풍 now has a range of 15 yards (down from 30 yards).
Concussive Barrage has been removed.
Entrapment's Root effect now shares Diminishing Returns with all other Root effects. 분산 사격
has been removed. 침묵의 사격
has been removed. 함정
s and trap launchers no longer have an arming time and can instantly trigger. 함정
s can no longer be disarmed.
Widow Venom has been removed.비룡 쐐기
now has a 1.5 second cast time. 마법사
- 냉기 돌풍's cooldown has been increased to 12 seconds (up from 10 seconds).
- is now available only to Frost Mages.
- can now be broken by damage (same amount as 얼음 회오리).
- 용의 숨결's now replaces 냉기 돌풍 for Fire Mages and the 혼란 effect now shares Diminishing Returns with all other 최면 effects.
- 얼음 회오리's cooldown has been increased to 30 seconds (up from 25 seconds).
- Ice Ward's Frozen effect now shares Diminishing Returns with all other Root effects.
- 마법 차단 연마 has been removed.
- can no longer turn 변이 into an instant-cast spell.
- 상황 적응 has been removed.
- 분노의 주먹 no longer stuns a target more than once per cast, but now deals 100% increased damage, and always deal full damage to the primary target with additional targets still being affected by the damage split.
- Grapple Weapon has been removed.
- 평화의 고리 no longer 침묵s or 무장 해제s enemies. It now incapacitates targets in the area for 3 seconds, or until the target takes damage. The ability now shares Diminishing Returns with all other 최면 effects.
- 손날 찌르기 no longer 침묵s the target if they're facing the 수도사.
- 's 혼란 effect now shares Diminishing Returns with all other 최면 effects.
- Evil is a Point of View has been removed and replaced with 눈부신 빛.
- 참회's cast time has been increased to 1.7 seconds.
- 's cast time has been increased to 1.7 seconds and now has a 6-second duration in PvP (down from 8 seconds).
- 정신 지배 now shares Diminishing Returns with all other 최면 effects.
- 빛의 권능: 응징 now shares Diminishing Returns with all other 최면 effects.
- 영혼의 마귀 has been removed.
- 정신적 두려움 now shares Diminishing Returns with all other 최면 effects.
- 영혼의 절규 is now a level-15 talent, replacing 영혼의 마귀, and has a 45-second cooldown (up from 30 seconds).
- Rapture no longer has any effect beyond removing the cooldown of 신의 권능: 보호막.
- 침묵 is now available to Discipline and 암흑 사제s.
- ' Root effect now has a chance to break if the target takes sufficient damage.
- 장비 분해 has been removed.
- 죽음의 투척 now requires 5 Combo Points in order to interrupt spell casting (up from 3 Combo Points).
- 마비 독 has been removed and replaced by 내출혈.
내출혈: Causes successful 급소 가격s to also apply a periodic Bleed effect for 12 seconds, with damage increasing per combo point used.
- Bind Elemental has been removed.
- 구속의 토템 now shares Diminishing Returns with all other root effects.
- has been removed.
- 사술's cast time has been increased to 1.7 seconds.
- can no longer reduce the cast time of 사술.
- 진동의 토템 is no longer usable while under the effects of 공포, 현혹, or 수면. but its duration has been increased to 10 seconds (up from 6 seconds).
- Bug Fix: Glyph of Shamanistic Rage should no longer cause to incorrectly dispel 불안정한 고통 or 흡혈의 손길 that has been modified by the PvP 4-piece set bonus.
's cooldown has been increased to 60 seconds (up from 30 seconds) and now shares Diminishing Returns with all other 최면 effects.
- 피로의 저주 has been removed.
- 악마의 숨결 has been removed.
공포의 울부짖음 is now a Level-30 talent, replacing 악마의 숨결.
: 주문 잠금
now only interrupts spell casting and no longer 침묵
s the enemy. 필멸의 고리
now shares Diminishing Returns with all other 최면
: 시각 폭발
now only deals damage and interrupts spell casting. The ability no longer 침묵
s the enemy. 마법 불태우기
's cooldown has been increased to 30 seconds (up from 20 seconds). 서큐버스
now have a 30-second cooldown. 공포수호병
no longer casts
when it dies.
's cooldown has been increased to 2 minutes (up from 1 minute). 공허방랑자
: 무장 해제
: 무장 해제
have been removed. 전사
- 돌진 now Roots the target (instead of stunning). The Root effect does not share a Diminishing Return with other Roots.
- 무장 해제 has been removed.
- no longer removes movement-impairing effects.
- 위협의 외침 now has a 6-second duration in PvP (down from 8 seconds).
- Warbringer now causes 돌진 to stun the target for 1.5 seconds instead of rooting it.
Moving quickly has always been a powerful bonus in World of Warcraft; however, the logic of how various movement speed bonuses stack (or don't) has generally been inconsistent and poorly explained. Under the old set-up, each movement speed bonus would become more powerful when combined with another, so we would limit what can stack with what, and prevent certain abilities from being used when another one is already in effect. We decided to change the movement speed system to make it more transparent, with rules about stacking that are easier to understand, and with fewer restrictions.
Previously, multiple movement speed modifiers on you were multiplicative, meaning that if you had two different +25% movement speed bonuses, they resulted in a total movement speed of 56% (1.25*1.25 = 1.56).
Movement speed bonuses have been changed to be additive. The previous example with two different +25% movement speed bonuses would result in a total movement speed of +50%. The logic governing which bonuses stack with others has been simplified as well. "Movement speed bonuses have been changed to be additive."
- Movement speed buffs that are self-only or is a passive effect are considered non-exclusive, and will now all stack together additively.
- Movement speed buffs that are temporary or could be applied to other players are considered exclusive, their effects do not stack, and only the highest bonus gets applied (in addition to non-exclusive movement speed buffs).
Additionally, restrictions that prevented a player with a temporary speed bonus from receiving or activating a second temporary speed bonus have been removed. Both bonuses will now apply to the character, but only the one with the highest magnitude will have any effect.Examples of self-only passive bonuses: 표범 변신
, Movement Speed enchants, 민첩성
racial for Night Elves, Unholy Presence
Examples of shared or temporary bonuses: 천사의 깃털
- These will all stack additively with each other.
, 전력 질주
, 쇄도의 포효
- All of these effects can now be applied simultaneously, but only the strongest one will have an effect.
Buffs and Debuffs
All specializations provide some common buffs and debuffs. These are important to the game because they encourage cooperation, make you stronger when you work together with others, and promote Raid composition diversity. However, we saw room to revise these buffs and debuffs. In addition to the above changes, we revised which buffs and debuffs are provided by 사냥꾼
pets. Please see the Hunter Pet Abilities section for a full list of changes.
Two new stats have been added that benefitted all players. Also added were three new debuffs (Weakened Armor, Physical Vulnerability, and Magic Vulnerability) that each benefitted only half of the group. While that could be interesting, the two physical debuffs were redundant, and felt that the two new stats would be better suited as raid buffs. So, we made that replacement.
- Weakened Armor, Physical Vulnerability, and Magic Vulnerability
죽음의 기사 (Frost): 부러진 뼈 has been removed.
- 죽음의 기사 (Unholy): no longer causes Physical Vulnerability.
- 드루이드: no longer applies Weakened Armor.
- 성기사 (Retribution): 심판 no longer causes Physical Vulnerability.
- 도적: 약점 노출 no longer applies Weakened Armor.
- 도적: has been removed.
- 흑마법사: 원소의 저주 has been removed.
- 전사: 방어구 가르기 no longer applies Weakened Armor.
- 전사 (Arms, Fury): 거인의 강타 no longer causes Physical Vulnerability.
- 전사 (Protection): 압도 no longer applies Weakened Armor.
- 죽음의 기사 (Frost, Unholy): now also provides 3% 유연성.
- 드루이드: now also provides 3% 유연성.
- 성기사 (Retribution): is a new passive ability for Retribution Paladins which grants 3% 유연성 to the 성기사 and all allies within 100 yards.
- 전사 (Arms, Fury): is a new passive ability for Arms and Fury Warriors which grants 3% 유연성 to the 전사 and all allies within 100 yards.
- 수도사 (Windwalker): is a new passive ability for 풍운 수도사s which grants 5% Multistrike to the 수도사 and all allies within 100 yards.
- 사제 (Shadow): now also grants 5% Multistrike.
- 도적: now also grants 5% Multistrike.
- 흑마법사: now grants 5% Multistrike instead of 10% Stamina.
is a new passive ability for 흑마법사s which grants 10% Stamina to the 흑마법사 and all allies within 100 yards.
Weakened Blows was a debuff that mattered almost exclusively to tanks, and that every tank automatically applied. We removed the debuff and reduced creature damage to compensate.
The Cast Speed Slow was a debuff type that mattered almost exclusively to PvP, and made combat much less fun for casters in addition to encouraging the use of instant-cast spells. We decided that it was best to remove casting speed debuffs.
- Cast Speed Slows
The following abilities no longer slow the target's casting speed by 50%.
죽음의 기사: 괴저 일격
- 마법사 (Arcane): 감속
- Additionally, Slow can now affect more than one target at a time.
The following abilities have been removed.
As part of a push to combine the different types of Haste in the game as much as possible, we merged Spell Haste and Attack Speed into just Haste, which benefits everyone.
- Spell Haste and Attack Speed
The following abilities now provide a 5% increase to melee, ranged, and spell Haste to all 파티 and Raid members (previously they only increased spell Haste).
- 주술사 (Elemental): Elemental oath
The following abilities now provide a 5% increase to melee, ranged, and spell Haste to all 파티
and Raid members (instead of a 10% increase to only melee and ranged attack speed).
- 죽음의 기사 (Frost, Unholy):
- 주술사 (Enhancement): Unleashed Rage
Some classes received new abilities to provide some of harder-to-find buffs/debuffs, increasing their utility to the 파티
or Raid. Other
- is now also learned by Brewmaster Monks, granting a 5% increase to Critical Strike chance for all 파티 and Raid members.
- 달빛야수 변신 now grants increased Mastery instead of 5% to Spell Haste.
- is a new passive ability learned by Blood Death Knights.
grants a bonus to Mastery for all allies within 100 yards.
Raid Utility Balance
Various classes bring various abilities that provide utility to parties and raids. We talked about one type of utility in the Buffs and Debuffs section, above. However, there are other types of raid utility, and it's been in need of more attention. In general, raid utility, especially raid-wide defensive cooldowns, had grown too strong. So many classes and specializations had defensive cooldowns that we had to make raid damage extremely high, as raids would be stacking or chaining together multiple cooldowns. We'd like to return to a system where it's the healers who heal through the scary moments, not the damage dealers, for example.
To do so, we've established a new baseline level of raid utility that a specialization should bring, and brought everyone to that new standard by reducing the effects of some abilities, or removing some abilities altogether.죽음의 기사
- 대마법 지대 now reduces magic damage taken by 20% (down from 40%).
- is a new ability for all 사냥꾼s.
: 파티 and raid members within 40 yards take on the aspects of a fox, allowing them to move while casting all spells for 6 seconds. Only one Aspect can be active at a time. 3 minute cooldown.
- is a new spell available to 마법사s.
amplifies the effects of helpful magic, increasing all healing received by 10% for all party and raid members within 100 yards, and lasts 6 seconds with a 2-minute cooldown.
- Avert Harm has been removed.
- 맹호지세's movement speed increase now affects the 수도사 and all allies within 10 yards.
"..we've established a new baseline level of raid utility..by reducing the effects of some abilities, or removing some abilities altogether." 성기사
- 오라 숙련 is now only available to Holy Paladins.
- Hymn of Hope has been removed.
- 연막탄 now reduces damage taken by 10% (down from 20%).
- 고대의 인도 now causes 20% of damage or healing to be copied as healing to nearby injured allies (down from 40% of damage or 60% of healing).
- 치유의 해일 토템 is now available only to Restoration Shaman.
- Stormlash Totem has been removed.
- Each player can use a 악마의 관문 only once every 90 seconds.
- 생명석s now share a cooldown with Health Potions, separate from other potions.
- 재집결의 함성 now increases health by 15% (down from 20%), and is no longer available to Protection Warriors.
- Skull Banner has been removed.
Instant Cast Heals
Over time, healers have gained a bigger and bigger arsenal of heals that they can cast while on the move, which removes the inherent cost that movement is intended to have for them, while also limiting players' ability to counter healing in PvP. This left 침묵
s and crowd control (which we're trying to curb) as the only ways to actually limit an enemy player's healing output. We're still preserving the option to instantly heal, but are reducing the number of instant-cast healing abilities overall. Raid and dungeon encounter damage during high-movement phases will be adjusted accordingly.
급속 성장 (Restoration) now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast).
- 생기 충전 (Mistweaver) now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast).
- 방어 강화 by the 빛 (Protection) now also makes and instant cast.
- now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast).
- 여명의 빛 now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast).
- (Retribution) now also makes and instant cast.
- now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast) for Holy Paladins.
- now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast) for Discipline and Holy.
- 후광 now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast) for Discipline and Holy.
- 회복의 기원 now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast).
There are many effects in the game which deal periodic damage over time (DoT) or healing over time (HoT). Historically, these have typically done something called “snapshotting”; they were based on your stats at the time that they were cast, and that was used for calculating their effect for their full lifetime. In Mists, if a warlock casts Corruption on an enemy while 영웅심
is active, that DoT will continue to tick rapidly based on the temporary haste effect, even after 영웅심
fades. This has led to some gameplay that has both good and bad sides.Snapshotting encourages refreshing those periodic effects when your stats are high, such as when a temporary buff procs. On the upside, there's a high amount of skill involved in maximizing that. On the downside, it's not intuitive, and the skill ceiling is so high that few can reach it without the use of specialized add-ons. To make matters worse, the benefits of maximizing periodic snapshotting is so high that it creates a balance problem. Players maximizing periodic snapshotting (primarily through the use of add-ons) do drastically more damage than intended. If we balance around taking full advantage of snapshotting, then the players who aren't doing so would fall unacceptably far behind in damage output.
Ultimately, we've decided that snapshotting isn't a productive mechanic for the game. The vast majority of periodic effects in the game that snapshotted no longer do so. The only exceptions are ones that do damage based on a percentage of a previous ability's damage (such as the 작열
from a Fire Mage's Fireball, or the periodic damage on a 풍운 수도사
), as they inherently act as a delayed damage multiplier to those abilities. Temporary effects which buff the damage or healing of other spells specifically will continue to do so for their lifetime; for example,
(which increases the damage of the shaman's next fire spell by 40%), when used on a
, will continue to increase the damage of the periodic effect for its entire lifetime, despite being consumed when the
is cast. "The vast majority of periodic effects in the game that snapshotted no longer do so. The only exceptions are ones that do damage based on a percentage of a previous ability's damage.." We still of course want skills and their use to embody interesting choices, and intelligent and skillful use of abilities.
- Periodic damage and healing effects now dynamically recalculate their damage, healing, Critical chance, multipliers, and period on every tick.
Skilled players will still be able to take advantage of temporary power buffs like trinket procs, and you'll still want to cast your hardest hitting spells within those proc durations. The benefits just won't extend outside the trinket procs' duration. As such, this high-skill gameplay is there, it's just rewarded more consistently. For example, a 사제
's trinket procs and an already active 어둠의 권능: 고통
will begin dealing more damage the instant the proc effect occurs, but will return to normal when the proc duration ends. Skilled players will be able to play within these proc durations to maximize effect, but it won't be as detrimental to output to anyone who isn't actively and skillfully using them to their full extent.We also made another change to periodic effects. Haste has long affected the tick rate of periodic effects, and their duration has been rounded to whole numbers of ticks, in order to mostly preserve the original duration of the spell. This lead to Haste breakpoints where having specific amounts of Haste would cause certain periodic effects to gain an extra tick. Part of gearing your character involved trying to reach those Haste breakpoints, but not go over by too much. This was a fairly tedious number to manage, which was again mostly handled by add-ons and guides. With some new tech we're now able to calculate the effect of Haste on tick time dynamically. Any fraction of a full period left at the end of an effect will do a tick of damage or healing in proportion to the remaining time. In other words, there are no more Haste breakpoints; Haste now smoothly and accurately affects periodic effects for the entire duration.
"In other words, there are no more Haste breakpoints; Haste now smoothly and accurately affects periodic effects for the entire duration." This also opened up the opportunity to revise how we handle refreshing periodic effects. For the vast majority of spells and abilities, we had a standard rule that any refresh would add the new cast's duration after the next tick of the existing effect. In simpler terms, you can refresh anywhere between the last and second-to-last tick of a DoT or HoT with no loss. 흑마법사
s had a special passive that changed this logic to allow refreshing with no loss anywhere in the last 50% of a DoT. We liked the flexibility that this provided; though felt it was a bit too powerful. No longer tied to whole tick times, we chose to extend the mechanic that 흑마법사
s had to all classes, but reduce it to 30%. Everyone can now refresh their periodic effects anywhere in the last 30% of the duration for full benefit, and no lost tick time.
- Recasting periodic damage over time and healing over time effects that are already on the target now extends those effects to up to 130% of the normal duration of the effect.
Tank Vengeance, Resolve, and PvP
The changes to tanking made in Mists of Pandaria turned out quite well, overall. But there were a few rough parts that we're going to smooth over. The biggest one is the offensive capabilities of 복수
. We like that tanks can provide meaningful DPS to their group, however, it swung wildly based on the fight, even surpassing the dedicated damage dealers occasionally. To solve this, we're going to remove the offensive value of 복수
, but preserve the defensive value, by making it increase the effect of your active mitigation buttons, instead of Attack Power.
복수 has been removed and replaced with a new passive ability, .
: Increases self-healing and absorption based on damage taken (before avoidance and mitigation) in the last 10 seconds. Without Resolve, Tanks now deal significantly less self-healing and absorption. Resolve has been made much stronger to counteract this, and it increases the amount of self-healing and absorption as appropriate for the fight.
Then, to keep tank DPS meaningful, we'll be raising their damage, since it would be meager with no Vengeance Attack Power (복수
accounted for 70-90% of a tank's damage on high-tank-damage fights in Mists). To do that, we're increasing the damage of several prominent tank abilities. For plate-wearing Tank specializations, 반격
has been redesigned to convert Critical Strike into Parry, a defensive stat. That also helps keep secondary stats balanced in offensive value for them.
All tanking stances and similar effects now increases threat generated by 900% (up from 600%).
- 반격 is a passive ability for Blood Death Knights, Protection Paladins, and Protection warriors.
반격 now gives the character Parry equal to their Critical Strike bonus from gear.
- 특화: 피의 보호막 now also passively increases Attack Power by 8% (percentage increased by Mastery), in addition to its current effects.
- 특화: 자연의 수호자 now also passively increases Attack Power by 8% (percentage increased by Mastery), in addition to its current effects.
- 특화: 교묘한 투사 now also passively increases Attack Power by 8% (percentage increased by Mastery), in addition to its current effects.
- Brewmasters no longer deal 15% less damage.
- 특화: 천상의 보루 now also passively increases Attack Power by 8% (percentage increased by Mastery), in addition to its current effects.
- 특화: 결정적 방어 now also passively increases Attack Power by 8% (percentage increased by Mastery), in addition to its current effects.
Tanks in PvP
Finally, we have the topic of tanks in PvP. Apart from a few niche cases like flag carrying; tanks have been intentionally non-viable in serious PvP for several expansions now. The reason for this was simple: fighting against tanks was very frustrating, not fun. They were near-invincible, had numerous CC abilities (primary stuns), but did little enough damage to not be able to kill you (in most cases, anyway). By excluding them from PvP, we preserved the enjoyment of the rest of the playerbase. However, that has the obvious downside that people who prefer to play tanks are excluded from doing so in PvP.
We decided that we could do better, and satisfy everyone involved. Our other changes to tanks in Warlords of Draenor got us most of the way there. Tanks' damage will already be tuned to be somewhat weaker than damage dealers, but not trivial. We've already removed the additional CC that they had during the CC Disarmament and Ability Pruning. All that remains that makes them frustrating to fight against is their invincibility. So, we're causing tanks to take increased damage in PvP, so that the net result is that they both deal and take somewhat less damage than damage dealers.
Tanks now take 25% additional damage while engaged in PvP combat.
Quality of Life Improvements
Strict facing requirements can be frustrating to deal with, especially in hectic Raid combat or PvP environments. In order to ease this frustration, we decided to remove or significantly loosen the facing requirements of all attacks that required the player to be behind their target.
- 드루이드: 찢어발기기 no longer requires the 드루이드 to be behind the target.
- 드루이드: 칼날 발톱 no longer requires the 드루이드 to be behind the target.
- 도적: 매복 no longer requires the 도적 to be behind the target.
- 도적 (Subtlety): 기습 can now be used on either side of the target, in addition to behind the target.
Being able to quickly understand what an ability does by glancing at the tooltip is of paramount importance to learn how to play with a given class or specialization. We've taken an extensive look at the tooltips for all class abilities, and revised them to be as clear and concise as possible.
In some rare cases, we've removed mention of niche information that we don't think is needed. If that's the case, please note that a change to the ability's tooltip does not mean that functionality has changed. If the change in question is not mentioned in the Patch Notes, there has been no change to the ability.
- Tooltips for nearly all class abilities have been revised for increased clarity.
Another area of gameplay that we polished is how characters are able to sustain their own health, primarily when frequently killing enemies, such as in solo questing.
- 죽음의 기사
어둠의 원조 is no longer a Major Glyph and is now a passive ability learned by all 죽음의 기사s at level 60 .
- now heals for 50% more when self-cast for 조화 드루이드s.
- 야생의 신속함 now also increases the healing done by by 20%.
- now heals the 사냥꾼 for 15% of maximum health if it kills the target.
- 생존주의자 is a new passive ability learned by Survival Hunters at level 10:
생존주의자 increases the 사냥꾼's chance to Multistrike by 10%. Additionally, the Hunter gains 15% health over 10 seconds after killing a target.
- Conjured Refreshments now restores 100% health and Mana over 20 seconds, regardless of level.
- 내세 now always summons a 치유의 구슬 when an enemy is killed.
- Glyph of Afterlife has been removed and its effects are now baseline for 내세.
- now also increases 빛의 섬광's healing by 50%.
- now heals for 2% of maximum health per tick (up from 1%).
- now heals for 5% of maximum health per tick (up from 3%).
- now also increases the direct healing of affected spells by 10% per application
Glyph of Healing Storm has been removed and its effects are now baseline for .
now heals for 100% more when cast on self for 정기 주술사
- now heals for 1.5% of maximum health per tick (up from 1.0%).
- now increases the healing from to 3% of maximum health per tick (up from 2.5%).
The original intent behind Reforging was to offer a way for players to customize their gear, but in practice it offered little in the way of true choice. Players attempting to optimize every piece of gear were well advised to look up how they were supposed to reforge an item in an online guide or tool that had already determined the optimal choice. It added yet another step to the list of things that must be done to a new item before it was ready to be equipped, reducing the joy of getting an upgrade into a chore.
If an upgrade drops, we want you to be able to equip it with a minimum of fuss. It is for those reasons that we're removing Reforging from the game.
- The Reforging system and associated NPCs have been removed from the game.
- All existing items that were reforged have been returned to their original un-reforged state.
Combat resurrections are an extremely powerful tool that players have while in combat. Naturally, we apply some limitations. In Mists of Pandaria, that limit was 1 resurrection during a given raid boss encounter for 10-player modes and 3 for 25-player modes. With Flexible difficulty introduced in Patch 5.4, we erred on the forgiving side, and gave Flexible Raids 3 resurrections regardless of raid size.
In Warlords of Draenor, the Flex tech has expanded to more difficulty levels, and we needed a new system to handle combat resurrections more fairly. We knew that continuing with a constant 3 would encourage using the smallest possible raid sizes, while scaling with hard breakpoints would discourage specific group sizes just under those points. Additionally, the limit is not shown anywhere in-game, so it can be easy to lose track of how many resurrections the raid has available (or even know that the limit exists).
So we've built a new system to be more transparent, and improve usability.
- During a boss encounter, all combat resurrection spells now share a single raid-wide pool of charges that's visible on the action bar button.
- Upon engaging a boss, all combat resurrection spells will have their cooldowns reset and begin with 1 charge. 돌진s will accumulate at a rate of 1 per (90/RaidSize) minutes.
Example 1: A 10-player raid will accumulate 1 charge every 9 minutes (90/10 = 9).
- Example 2: A 20-player raid will accumulate 1 charge every 4.5 minutes (90/20 = 4.5).
A charge will only be deducted when a combat resurrection is successful (when the target accepts the resurrection).
Raid frames now show a debuff indicating that a dead player has a pending combat resurrection available.
Outside of raid boss encounters, combat resurrection spells retain their normal cooldown behavior.
We made several improvements to the Glyph system. While leveling, characters unlock Glyph slots at several specific levels. However, in order to get glyphs, characters need to visit an Auction House (and potentially pay way more gold than an average character of that level has yet), or know a Scribe from which to request them. To solve this, we've made characters learn some Glyphs automatically as they level. Additionally, we now have the ability to make some glyphs exclusive with each other, or require specific specializations.
- Many glyphs have been removed, and many new glyphs have been added.
- Exclusive categories have been added for some glyphs. Other glyphs from the same category cannot be applied at the same time.
- Some glyphs are now exclusive to a specialization.
- All classes now learn some of their Major Glyphs as they level. Recipes for these Glyphs have been removed.
At level 25, Glyph of the following Glyphs are automatically learned by characters of the appropriate class:
, , , , Glyph of Omens, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
At level 50, the following Glyphs are automatically learned by characters of the appropriate class:
- , , , , , , , Spinning Crane Kick, , , , , , , , , ,
At level 60, the following Glyphs are automatically learned by characters of the appropriate class:
At level 75, the following Glyphs are automatically learned by characters of the appropriate class:
- , , , , , Glyph of Misdirection, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Some of our goals with Professions in Warlords of Draenor are to make them more of a personal choice, and less of a mandatory “min/max” selection. To that end, we're removing the direct combat benefits of Professions. Additionally, we've made it easier to level 채광
. 치유 물약
s have gone mostly unused lately, compared to combat stat potions. We chose to solve that problem, along with a problem with 흑마법사
utility, by having 치유 물약
s and 생명석
s share cooldowns.
- Herbalists can now harvest herbs throughout the game world without hard skill requirements. The yield an Herbalist will be able to harvest from each node is now determined by skill level.
- 광부s can now harvest mineral nodes in outdoor areas of the game world without hard skill requirements. The yield a 광부 will be able to harvest from each node is now determined by skill level.
- 치유 물약s no longer share a cooldown with other potions, but instead share a 60-second cooldown with 생명석s. The cooldown will not reset until the player leaves combat.
- Movement Speed enchants now increase Movement Speed by 10% (up from 8%).
- The Transformation system has been improved. Characters can now be affected by multiple transformation effects at once. While multiple transformation or shapeshift effects are active, only the highest priority one will be visible. This allows transformation effects to persist while shapeshifts are active. Additionally, many restrictions on being transformed have been removed.
A number of changes were made for 죽음의 기사
s. Several cooldowns were made spec-specific. Frost and Unholy's rotations remain unchanged for the most part. Blood received revisions to their Active Mitigation design to bring them up to par with changes to other Tanking specializations. Runic Power generation of 대마법 보호막
was standardized, to make it more understandable and balanced.
See the Ability Pruning section above for a discussion of why we're pruning class abilities. For Death Knights, this focused on removing abilities that were redundant, cooldown reduction, or abilities that were not used often.
- 흡혈 기생충s has been removed.
- 피의 일격 has been removed.
- 어둠의 명령 is now only available to Blood Death Knights.
- 쌍수 무기 is now only available to Frost Death Knights.
- 냉기의 일격 replaces 죽음의 고리 for Frost Death Knights.
- 절멸 replaces 피의 일격 for Frost Death Knights.
- 괴저 일격 has been removed.
- 시체 되살리기 is now only available to Unholy Death Knights.
- Rune of Cinderglacier has been removed.
- Rune of the Nerubian Carapace has been removed.
- Unholy Frenzy has been removed.
Ability Consolidation and Refinement
The biggest change here is the merger of 피의 소용돌이
into Pestilence. This change effectively turned Roiling Blood into a passive ability; which we replaced with a new talent,
. For Blood specialization, we removed Rune Strike and are adjusting the cost of 죽음의 고리
so that it can be used in Rune Strike's place.
Another change was to polish up the effect of diseases on the damage of other abilities. Diseases now do enough damage on their own to warrant using them. Having diseases act as multipliers on the damage of other abilities became extraneous and cluttered up the tooltips of those abilities. Those multipliers have been removed, and consolidated their benefits into the corresponding base spell. These changes also results in a slight reduction to ramp-up time.
- 겨울의 뿔피리 no longer generates Runic Power, has no cooldown, and lasts 1 hour.
- Blood Boil has been removed and its effects have been merged into Pestilence.
Pestilence now deals damage to all enemies within 10 yards, and spreads any diseases on targets hit to the other targets hit.
now deals 75% less damage.
Master of Ghouls has been removed and its effects have been merged into the baseline 시체 되살리기
ability for Unholy Death Knights.
Threat of Thassarian has been removed and its effects have been merged into
Rune Strike has been removed. Blood Death Knights should now use 죽음의 고리
in its place.
Dancing Rune Weapon now lasts 8 seconds (down from 12 seconds).죽음의 고리
now costs 30 Runic Power (down from 40 Runic Power) and has a 40 yard range for both hostiles and allies.얼음같은 인내력
now lasts 8 seconds (down from 12 seconds).
Roiling Blood has been removed and replaced with
, a new Level-56 talent for 죽음의 기사
Pestilence now deals 50% more damage, but no longer deals additional damage for diseases being present on the target.얼음 기둥
now increases Strength by 15% (down from 20%).
Obliterate now deals 25% more damage on both main and off-hand weapons, but no longer deals additional damage for each disease present on the target.타락한 성전사의 룬
now increases Strength by 20% (up from 15%).스컬지의 일격
no longer deals additional damage for each disease present on the target. The ability now deals 100% Physical weapon damage, and 50% Shadow weapon damage. These two effects can independently critically hit.흡혈
now increases the amount of healing received by 15% (down from 25%).
- Glyph of Vampiric Blood now increases the amount of healing received by an additional 10% (down from 15%).
In Mists of Pandaria, Frost Death Knights suffered from rotations that were designed to allow flexibility in ability usage, so that you could pool some resources in order to make decisions about which ones you spent and in which order. 쌍수 무기
vs Two-Handed had different rotational priorities, with different strengths and weaknesses. However, tuning ended up such that you reached a point where you just had to spend all of your resources as fast as possible to avoid wasting any, and all of that depth went out the window. For Warlords, we've adjusted the tuning of several abilities and passives, to ensure that that doesn't happen again, and the rotational decisions and skill are maintained.
The goal is that Two-Handed Frost Death Knights favor their physical damage, slicing through their enemies with heavy Obliterates, whereas Dual-Wielders favor blasting their foes with frost damage, but both overlap considerably to maintain a cohesive specialization.
- 냉기의 일격's damage has been increased by 100%, but its Runic Power cost has been increased by 5 (up to 25 Runic Power in , and 40 Runic Power in other Presences).
- now increases attack speed by 20% (down from 45%), and haste by 5% (up from 0%).
- now increases the damage of 절멸 by 50% (up from 40%) and melee damage by 35% (up from 30%) while wielding a two-handed weapon, and increases the damage of 냉기의 일격 by 50% (up from 35%) while dual-wielding.
- 칼날얼음 now deals 4% additional weapon damage (up from 2%), and increases Frost damage by 2% per stack (down from 3%).
- 절멸's damage has been increased by 30%.
In order to better balance the scaling rates and value of secondary stats for Unholy Death Knights, we reduced the power of their passive 부정의 힘
ability, and added a new passive ability to make Multistrike more effective.
- is a new passive ability for Unholy Death Knights.
causes Multistrikes from 고름 일격, Pestilence, , 스컬지의 일격, and 영혼 수확자 to also deal a burst of Shadow damage. The amount of burst damage is based on Attack Power, not the damage from the triggering Multistrike.
now increases Strength by 10% (down from 35%).
Active Mitigation was a very successful design that was inspired by Death Knights' tanking style. However, it went beyond that, and 죽음의 기사
s themselves were somewhat left behind in that regard. We made several changes to bring up the interactivity of Blood combat. This includes making 죽음의 일격
cause healing based on attack power, but be affected by the new
passive (see Tank Vengeance and Resolve above), which gives it the traditional increase from recent damage. Plus, Rune Tap is being significantly improved, to become a strong Active Mitigation button.
Additionally, we removed Dodge and Parry from gear, and expect Blood Death Knights to value Haste and Crit as important secondary stats. In order to achieve that, we made 반격
give defensive value to 치명타
give defensive value to Multistrike. To solve GCD-capping issues and increase the value of Haste, we also removed the passive rune regeneration increase from
. Finally,we tweaked the targeting AI of Dancing Rune Weapon, and fixed it up to properly copy most Talents that you know.
- now also causes auto attack Multistrikes to generate 15 Runic Power. The Death Strike damage increase it provided has been moved to .
- Blood Presence now increases Stamina by 20% (down from 25%), and armor by 30% (down from 55%).
- Bone Shield charges can now be consumed at a rate of once per second (up from once every 2 seconds).
- 진홍빛 스컬지 now increases the damage of Pestilence by 50% (up from 10%) and now also increases the damage of diseases by 30%.
- 춤추는 룬 무기's summoned 룬 무기 now remains fixated on the 죽음의 기사's target at the time of summoning, and copies the effects of Talents that are tied to the 죽음의 기사, such as 피의 소용돌이, 서리 열병, or 어둠의 질식. Should the original target be dead or otherwise unavailable, the 룬 무기 will switch to assist with the 죽음의 기사's current target.
- 죽음의 일격 now causes healing that scales in effectiveness with attack power, instead of based on damage taken in the last 5 seconds. This healing is affected by .
- 심장 강타 has been removed. Blood Death Knights should use Pestilence in its place.
- now increases all damage dealt by 15%, instead of increasing rune regeneration rate.
- has been redesigned. It now reduces all damage taken by 40% for 3 seconds. It also now has 2 charges, with a 40-second recharge time.
has been redesigned. It now automatically triggers an immediate, free when you take damage that reduces you below 30% health. This effect cannot occur more often than once every 30 seconds.
- 까맣게 탄 문양 has been redesigned. It now reduces Rune Tap’s recharge time by 10 seconds, but reduces the damage reduction it provides by 20%.
Scarlet Fever has been removed. Its effects have been merged into
- has been changed. It now causes Pestilence to refresh diseases, and increase the healing of your next 죽음의 일격 by 20%, stacking up to 5 times.
now increases your Multistrike chance and haste by 10% (instead of 9% to Stamina), reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%, and increases the damage of 죽음의 일격
by 100% and grants 1 Runic Power per second while in combat.
Since the Ghoul pet is now Unholy only, that presents a problem for 죽음의 서약
. We revised 죽음의 서약
to not require an undead minion, but work a little differently. We left it at 50% heal, which is effectively a 33% buff to it from before (see Retuning Healing Spells and Player Health and Resilience above), and added a healing absorption shield for 50% of the amount healed instead. It should now be a more effective heal for staying alive immediately, but with the downside of needing to heal through the healing absorption shield before being healed any further.
- 죽음의 서약 no longer requires an undead minion, and instead places a healing absorption shield on the 죽음의 기사 for 50% of the amount healed.
There were also a few other miscellaneous changes. The Runic Power generation of 대마법 보호막
was standardized, to make it more understandable and balanced. Level-60 and Level-75 talent rows have swapped places, so the important rune regeneration talents could be acquired earlier. 변환
was changed to cost different amounts by specialization, instead of reducing Runic Power generation differently by specialization. This way, Runic Power beyond what you spend on 변환
is not penalized.
- 대마법 보호막 now restores 2 Runic Power per 1% of max health absorbed.
- 더럽혀진 대지 now also makes the 죽음의 기사 immune to Roots and Snares.
- 변환 no longer has an initial tick, and now costs 30 Runic Power/second for Blood, 10 Runic Power/sec for Frost, and 20 Runic Power/second for Unholy.
- Level-60 and Level-75 talent rows have swapped places.
- Level-60 rune regeneration talents can now be triggered by all Runic Power spenders.
now generates one charge for every 15 Runic Power spent.
- 룬 강화 now has a 1.5% chance to trigger per Runic Power spent.
- 룬 부패 now has a 1.5% chance to trigger per Runic Power spent.
드루이드 (Section Updated)
See the Ability Pruning section above for discussion of why we're pruning class abilities. For Druids, we focused thinning out the niche and abilities that were not used often. We made sure to retain abilities for 드루이드
s to function in off-spec roles, since that flexibility is a defining characteristic of the class.
- 나무 껍질 is now available to Balance, Guardian, and Restoration Druids,
- has been removed.
- is now available only to Feral and Guardian Druids.
- Innervate has been removed.
- is now available only to Guardian Druids.
- no longer restores Mana and is only available to Feral Druids.
Mana regeneration for Feral and Guardian Druids have been increased by 100%.
) has been removed.마울
is now available only to Guardian Druids.
Might of Ursoc has been removed.
is now available only to 회복 드루이드
has been removed.
Owlkin Frenzy has been removed.갈퀴 발톱
now also stuns the target for 4 seconds if used while stealthed, and is only available to Feral Druids.생존 본능
is now available only to Feral and Guardian Druids.휘둘러치기
is now requires the 드루이드
to be in 표범 변신
and is available only to Feral Druids.
Symbiosis has been removed.난타
is now available to all 드루이드
specializations (was Feral and Guardian only).
Ability Consolidation and Refinement
For consolidation of abilities, we merged several passive abilities. One notable change is the merging of Ravage into 칼날 발톱
, and 암습
into 갈퀴 발톱
; saving a couple keybinds that were only used in conjunction with 숨기
- 표범 변신 now increases movement speed by 30% (up from 25%).
- 감염된 상처 has been removed and its effects have been incorporated into 짓이기기 and 칼날 발톱 for Feral and Guardian Druids.
- 피어나는 생명 can no longer stack, and its healing has been increased to compensate.
- Rip is now available only to Feral Druids.
- 청명의 전조 (Feral) now affects 드루이드 spells and abilities that cost energy.
- 암습 has been removed and its effects have been incorporated into 갈퀴 발톱.
now has a duration of 12 seconds (up from 6 seconds), but no longer refreshes its duration on targets at or below 50% health.되살리기
's mana cost has been reduced by 87%.도려내기
now has a duration of 24 seconds (up from 16 seconds), but its duration is no longer extended by 칼날 발톱
no longer requires the 드루이드
to be behind the target (See also:Facing Requirements.) and is now available to all specializations. 칼날 발톱
now deals 35% more damage in addition to having double the normal chance to critically strike while stealthed.
- Ravage has been removed and its effects have been incorporated into 칼날 발톱.
no longer increases the mana cost of the victim's spells.
no longer cancels when mounting. However, it can no longer hit stealthed or invisible targets.생존 본능
no longer requires or forces the 드루이드
into Cat or 곰 변신
, and now lasts 6 seconds (down from 12 seconds) with a 2-minute cooldown (down from 3 minutes), and can have up to 2 charges (up from 1 charge).두꺼운 통가죽
has been removed and its effects have been incorporated into 곰 변신
- 곰 변신 now increases armor by 250% for all 드루이드 specializations (down from 330% for Guardian Druids, but up from 120% for non-Guardian Druids), and no longer increases Haste and Critical Strike from items by 50%, but instead causes Haste to reduce the global cooldown increases Stamina by 20% (down from 40%), and reduces magic damage taken by 10% (down from 25%).
- For Guardian Druids, Bear Form now also reduces magical damage taken by 25%, reduces chance to be critically hit by 6%, and reduces chance for attacks to be parried by 3%.
now lasts 8 seconds (up from 6 seconds) and is usable during
has been removed and its effects have been incorporated into 표범 변신
.날쌘 동물 변신
now automatically transitions between 물
, and 비행
forms depending on the 드루이드
- 까맣게 탄 문양 now teaches the 드루이드 a separate shapeshift ability, 순록 변신. 순록 변신 allows the 드루이드 to act as a mount for party members and will not switch between different 날쌘 동물 변신s.
Wild Mushrooms no longer become invisible.
Guardian Druids had increased Armor as their Mastery for a while now. However, one of the new secondary stats available to all tanks is Bonus Armor. We didn't feel that the difference of being additive vs. being a multiplier was significant enough to warrant keeping their Mastery around. Additionally, active mitigation hasn't played out as well for Guardians as it has for some other tanks.
We decided to redesign the Mastery for Guardian Druids to something that compliments the Avoidance-heavy nature of
, and also to improve the usability of
for more consistent damage reduction. Note that
's calculation uses the damage before any other absorbs you have, and before
's effects, so that it isn't negatively affected by any of the changes.
The maximum number of charges that can be accumulated for
has been reduced to make its uptime more consistent between short and long periods of tanking. Rage for Guardian Druids has been problematic throughout Mists of Pandaria. Most of their rage generation was extremely passive, and most of their button presses either didn't affect their survivability, or only trivially did so. We made changes to Haste and Critical Strike, to try to solve these rage generation problems, and improve their rotation. We also added
, in order to give a defensive value to the new Multistrike stat.
- Guardian Druids' Mastery (자연의 수호자) has been replaced with a new Mastery: .
Mastery: causes the 드루이드 to gain a Physical absorb shield equal to 12% of the attack's damage when they are hit by a Physical attack. Attacks which this effect fully or partially absorbs cannot trigger .
is a new passive ability for Guardian Druids.
- causes Multistrikes from auto attacks, periodic damage, and 짓이기기 to grant the Druid the Ursa Major effect. increases maximum health by 2% for 25 seconds. When the effect is refreshed, the remaining portion is added to the new effect.
Auto-attacks now generate 5 Rage (down from 10.9 Rage).곰 변신
no longer increases Haste and Critical Strike from items by 50%, but instead causes Haste to reduce the global cooldown.
no longer has a chance to reset 짓이기기
now costs 20 Rage (down from 30 Rage).짓이기기
now generates 10 Rage (down from 15 Rage).
now generates 2 Rage, has no cooldown (down from a 3-second cooldown), and the periodic bleed effect triggers every 1 second (down from 3 seconds).야수의 분노
now generates 8 Rage (down from 15 Rage) from non-periodic critical strikes (up from only Auto Attacks and 짓이기기
can now accumulate 2 charges (down from 3 charges), and regenerates a charge every 12 seconds (up from 9 seconds). 숲의 영혼
(Guardian) now increases Mangle’s Rage generation by 5 (down from 10).난타
now generates 1 Rage every time it deals direct or periodic damage, has no cooldown (down from a 6-second cooldown), but no longer has a chance to reset 짓이기기
can now accumulate 2 charges, its effects stack on the target, and are affected by
Feral Druids received one major change, and few tweaks beyond what's been mentioned above in Ability Pruning and Facing Requirements. Combo Points are now stored "on the player", meaning that when you switch targets, any accumulated Combo Points remain with you. 야수의 분노
was changed to let it affect area attacks as well. Critical strike chance of 흉포한 이빨
was changed in order to increase the value of Critical Strike.
was reworked to better achieve its intended effect.
- Combo Points for Feral Druids are now shared across all targets, and are no longer lost when switching targets.
- 흉포한 이빨 now has double the normal chance to critically strike against bleeding targets (instead of having an additional 25% chance to critically strike).
- 야수의 분노 now also grants a combo point for area attacks that critically strike the 드루이드's primary target.
- Glyph of Savagery has been renamed , and now grants a free 5 Combo Point Savage Roar when leaving 숨기, instead of allowing 야생의 포효 to be used with 0 Combo Points.
We have some extensive changes for 조화 드루이드
s. One of our guiding principles with game design is that things should be "easy to learn, hard to master". We're not particularly happy with the 달빛야수
rotation because it was actually hard to learn, and easy to master (especially with regards to periodic damage effects no longer snapshotting). Energy and
mechanics were not intuitive for many newer players. Once you became accustomed to the rotation, there wasn't much additional depth to mastering it; maintain two DoTs, hit these other two buttons whenever they light up, and spam one of two buttons in between. In order to try to make it easier to learn, but also add some gameplay depth and challenge we're making a significant revision to the rotation. The list of changes is quite dense, so here's a summary of the changes.Summary of changes to Balance:
- Balance Energy is a bar that automatically cycles back and forth between Lunar and Solar sides, like night and day. The closer to one end that the bar is, the more damage that side's spells do.
- 조화 드루이드s now have four rotational spells.
별빛섬광: Lunar direct damage spell
Cast when the Lunar side is stronger
: Solar direct damage spell
- Cast when the Solar side is stronger
: Lunar periodic damage spell. While closer to Solar, this button is replaced with 태양의 불꽃
, a Solar periodic damage spell.
- Maintain both effects where possible
: Direct damage spell that benefits from whichever side is stronger. Has up to 3 charges, and buffs the damage of the next few 태양의 격노
s or 별빛섬광
- Cast when able to follow up with a few strong 태양의 격노s or 별빛섬광s.
That's the basics of the new 달빛야수
rotation. There's room for improvement beyond that, learning to optimally maintain both periodic damage effects while maximizing their damage, while maximizing their damage, timing 별빛쇄도
s to optimize the benefit of its buff, make use of
for area damage, and taking advantage of the strengths of each side (such as 달빛섬광
and 태양의 불꽃
having significant differences now). Here are the full details of the changes.Details of changes to Balance:
- Balance Energy system has been redesigned. Balance Energy is a bar that cycles back and forth between Lunar and Solar sides, like night and day, with a 40 second cycle time (from Lunar to Solar and back to Lunar).
Balance Energy is no longer generated through spells, talents, or other effects anymore.
has been redesigned.
- inspires the 드루이드 with the power of the moon and the sun, causing the damage of Lunar and Solar spells to be increased by up to 30% based on how close Balance Energy levels are to the appropriate side.
Example: With 0 Balance Energy, the damage bonus is evenly split between Lunar and Solar, and the Druid receives a 15% increase to damage for both spell types. With 80 Solar Energy, the Druid receives a 27% damage increase to Solar spells and a 3% damage increase to Lunar spells.
Mastery: Total Eclipse now increases the maximum damage bonus of
by 12% (increasing with Mastery).
The damage of damage-over-time effects changes dynamically as
now increases the rate that Balance Energy cycles by 300% while channeled.
has been removed.
has been redesigned.
- causes the 드루이드 to enter , a state where Balance Energy cycle is paused, all damage done is increased by 20%, and all Lunar and Solar spells benefit from the maximum bonus. While in , 달빛섬광 and 태양의 불꽃 will also apply the other spell's periodic damage effect. Lasts 15 seconds with a 3 minute cooldown.
now has a range of 35 yards (up from 30 yards), but is only available to Balance and 회복 드루이드
: 엘룬의 선택
now increases spell damage by 15% while active (was a 25% increase to Arcane and Nature damage, but only while
is active).달빛 세례
has been redesigned and renamed into
- calls upon greater Lunar and Solar energy to permanently empower the Druid's Moonfire and Sunfire spells.
달빛섬광's periodic damage effect duration is increased by 100%.
- 태양의 불꽃's periodic damage effect is now applied to all enemies within 5 yards of the target.
now has a base duration of 20 seconds (up from 14 seconds), but is no longer extended by 별빛섬광
critical strikes. Upon reaching 100 Lunar Energy, the next 달빛섬광
deals 100% additional initial damage.
now adds 1 full charge of 별빛쇄도
when it triggers, and now has a 5% chance to trigger when the most recent 달빛섬광
or 태양의 불꽃
deals periodic damage. This chance is doubled on critical strikes.숲의 영혼
(Balance) has been redesigned.
- 숲의 영혼 (Balance) now increases the damage bonus from Lunar and Solar Empowerment by an additional 15%.
now shares charges with 별빛쇄도
, and has no cooldown of its own. It also now hits all nearby enemies (up from 2 nearby enemies).별빛섬광
now has a 3 second cast time (up from 2.7 seconds).별빛쇄도
now has 3 charges and a 30 second recharge time (instead of a 15 second cooldown). 별빛쇄도
now also grants Lunar or 태양 강화
- 달 강화 causes the next 2 casts of 별빛섬광 to deal 30% more damage.
- 태양 강화 causes the next 3 casts of 태양의 격노 to deal 30% more damage.
is no longer its own spell and replaces 달빛섬광
on the action bar whenever Balance Energy is on the Solar side. 태양의 불꽃
now has a base duration of 24 seconds (up from 14 seconds), but is no longer extended by 태양의 격노
critical strikes. Enemies may still suffer from both 달빛섬광
and 태양의 불꽃
's periodic damage components simultaneously. Upon reaching 100 Solar Energy, the next 태양의 불꽃
deals 100% additional initial damage.꽃피우기
(Balance) now begins snaring enemies immediately when summoned, lasts 20 seconds, and can no longer be detonated to deal damage.
has an amazingly strong effect (pour a ton of healing into the whole Raid/파티
), but had excessive complexity for a relatively simple task (5 different targets per tick, a short HoT, stacking, varied strength by raid size). So, we simplified it significantly. It still will be used just as it always has been.
- 평온 now heals every party and Raid member within range every 2 seconds for 8 seconds. It no longer places a periodic effect on each target. The total amount of healing it generates in Raids should be approximately the same as before this change.
Restoration Changes회복 드루이드
s got a few changes as well. In Patch 5.4, a glyph was introduced where you could choose to attach your Efflorescence to 꽃피우기
, instead of to 신속한 치유
. That was a rousing success and the glyph was taken by nearly all 회복 드루이드
s. It felt like a much better situation to us so we decided to remove the glyph, and bake that gameplay in permanently.
fill a similar need for burst healing, so 꽃피우기
has been removed; leaving 꽃피우기
to focus on the Efflorescence effect.
Secondly, while we are fine with the playstyle where a 회복 드루이드
blankets their Raid in Rejuvenations, the Swift Rejuvenation passive made that too strong, and limited their scaling with Haste. We removed that passive to encourage using other spells more, but still allow 회복
blanketing as a viable playstyle. 청명의 전조
got changed to not trigger more often with 생명의 나무
as it was too strong in our new healing model. 숲의 영혼
was also redesigned to fit better with Restoration and
based on the new design for periodic effects.
- has been redesigned.
now consumes all of the Druid's Rejuvenation effects on party or raid members within 60 yards and applies the effect to them instead. heals the target for an amount equal to the remaining healing from the consumed 회복 effects over 3 seconds.
now heals for 50% of the critical heal (up from 30%).
Force of Nature Treant's healing now benefits from Mastery. 화신: 생명의 나무
no longer enhances 피어나는 생명
. Instead, it also enhances 회복
, increasing its healing by 50%, and reducing its cost by 50%.
(Restoration) now increases healing done by 35% (up from 25%).청명의 전조
(Restoration) can now only be triggered by the most recently applied 피어나는 생명
, and now causes the next 재생
to be free.숲의 영혼
for 회복 드루이드
s has been redesigned.
- 숲의 영혼 (Restoration) when casting 신속한 치유, the 드루이드 gains 숲의 영혼. 숲의 영혼 reduces the cast time of the next by 50%, or increases the healing of the next 재생, 회복, by 100%, or increases the healing of the next Wild Growth by 50%.
Swift Rejuvenation has been removed.꽃피우기
(Restoration) now has a 30-second cooldown, lasts for 30 seconds, provides periodic healing to nearby allies, and no longer collects 회복
- 꽃피우기: 피어남 has been removed.
- 신속한 치유 no longer causes Efflorescence.
The level 90-Talent row for 드루이드
s was designed to encourage hybrid gameplay. We decided that, while you shouldn't have to give up a significant amount of your primary role throughput in order to gain the off-role benefit, you also don't need to gain an actual benefit to your primary role throughput benefit either. We've reduced the power of their primary role benefit, making them roughly neutral in their effect on your primary role. Note that the increase to off-role healing from 자연의 경계
is not actually a buff (see Retuning Healing Spells and Player Health and Resilience above).
- 세나리우스의 꿈
Balance: The talent has been redesigned for 조화 드루이드s and now causes 달빛섬광 and 태양의 불꽃 casts with Lunar or to also heal a random injured ally.
- Feral: Increases the healing of and 회복 by 20%, and causes them to also heal the 드루이드 when cast on allies.
no longer provides an increase to Hit, Expertise, Stamina, Agility, and Intellect while active.자연의 경계
, while active, increases single-target damage and healing caused by healing spells by 30% (up from 25%), and all single-target damage spells also heal a nearby friendly target for 40% of the damage done (up from 25%). Its healing now targets allies within 40 yards of the 드루이드
(instead of within 40 yards of the target).
사냥꾼 (Section Updated)
See the Ability Pruning section above for discussion of why we're pruning or consolidating class abilities.사냥꾼
s have lacked a strong distinction between the different specializations. What we mean by that is that the 사냥꾼
specializations all had rotations that felt similar, with Marksmanship and Survival having the most blurred identities (Beast Mastery felt well rooted in the pet). 사냥꾼
s were also some of the most afflicted by button bloat. To address these problems, we opted to make changes to each specialization's rotation, primarily through removing abilities, and making some of them unique to each spec. This means things like 조준 사격
being the primary Focus dump for Marksmanship, instead of
or 독사 쐐기
being available only to Survival. 사냥꾼
s also had a large number of cooldown abilities, which we've also cut down (some of which we moved to the talent tree, competing with other active buttons).
- is no longer available to Marksmanship Hunters. The talent received a change to preserve its value to Marksmanship Hunters.
now also reduces the cost of 조준 사격 when active, to preserve its value to Marksmanship Hunters.
has been removed.
- Aspect of the Iron Hawk has been renamed to 강철매, and now passively provides a 10%reduction to all damage taken.
has been removed as a pet ability.사냥꾼의 징표
has been removed.
is no longer available to Survival Hunters.
Master Marksman has been removed.관통 사격
has been removed.
Rapid Recuperation has been removed.쇄도
is now a level-75 talent, replacing 스라소니 돌진
Steady Focus has been removed.광기
has been removed as a pet ability.
is now available only to Marksmanship Hunters.독사 쐐기 연마
has been removed and its effects have been incorporated into a redesigned 독사 쐐기
Viper Venom has been removed and its effects have been incorporated into a redesigned 독사 쐐기
has been redesigned based on Serpent Spread and is now available only to Survival Hunters.
- Serpent Spread has been renamed into 독사 쐐기.
- 독사 쐐기 now causes 일제 사격 and to also apply a 독사 쐐기 poison dealing instant and periodic damage.
- no longer extends the duration of 독사 쐐기.
Ability Consolidation and Refinement
- now has a 20% chance to trigger (up from a 15% chance), but now only grants 1 charge each time it triggers (down from 2 charges).
- 광기 has been removed and its effects have been incorporated into .
now naturally grants the 사냥꾼's pet the ability to gain 광기.
has been removed and its effects have been incorporated into 사기 고취
- 사기 고취 now also grants 15 Focus to the 사냥꾼's pet from auto-shot 치명타.
has been removed and its effects have been incorporated into 야수의 격노
's effects have been incorporated into
's cooldown is reset if it is dispelled.야수 치료
and 야수 되살리기
now share the same button and changes based on the condition of the 사냥꾼
now has a 6% chance to trigger for every 10 Focus spent (instead of a flat 30% chance).
Rotation Depth and Talents
We've changed the combat rotations of each 사냥꾼
specialization (primarily through Ability Pruning) with the goal of them being a platform to build upon with talents. To facilitate this, we've modified several talents to add additional rotational depth. 사냥꾼
s had many talent options which added abilities to their rotation, but most of them had quite simple usage, with little interaction with your rotation or other abilities. Now, there should be more of a variety; still some simple talents, but also some talents that create a more engaging combat rotation.
- 탄막 now has a 20 second cooldown (down from 30 seconds), costs 60 Focus (up from 30 Focus), and its damage has been increased by 100%.
- Murder of Crows has been changed. Its duration, cost, and cooldown have been reduced by 50%. It no longer has a shorter cooldown when used on low health targets. Instead, its cooldown is reset if the target dies.
- 열정 has been replaced with a new passive ability, Steady Focus.
Steady Focus increases Focus Regeneration by 50% for 10 seconds after using or 고정 사격 twice in a row, or after using .
- Dire Beast now restores 2 Focus per hit (down from 5 Focus per hit).
One of the most difficult abilities to decide to cut was 매의 상
. It began to feel fairly meaningless, since it was used virtually all of the time in combat, so might as well have just been passive. We decided to cut 매의 상
, and bake in its benefit to the other abilities. The remaining aspect abilities are all utility only, and are being moved off the stance bar and made toggles.
Overall, Hunters should see a drastic reduction in the number of active buttons, and have a clearer distinction between the different specializations. With some of these changes, you may find yourself favoring a different specialization. Keep in mind that Draenor Perks, earned from levels 91 to 99, will serve to further distinguish the different specializations.
- and both now share a 10-second cooldown and no longer appears on the stance bar.
- 까맣게 탄 문양: The ability taught by this Glyph no longer appears on the stance bar and is now on the global cooldown.
- 까맣게 탄 문양: No longer triggers any cooldown on .
One of our new secondary stats Multistrike, is strikingly similar to the Wild Quiver Mastery for Marksmanship Hunters. To address this similarity, we replaced Wild Quiver with a new Mastery:
. Marksmanship Hunters that favored Mastery before will want to favor Multistrike for a similar feel. For their new Mastery, we wanted to add some depth to their moment-to-moment gameplay, and compliment Critical Strike. In order to do that, we brought back the concept of
We also changed the design of 키메라 사격
(and fixed its name), in order to better capture the intended flavor. Finally, we added an interaction between
(and indirectly 조준 사격
through a Draenor Perk), so as to add a bit more depth to their gameplay.
- now reduces the cost of Multi-Shot by 25 Focus (up from a 20 Focus reduction to cost).
- Mastery: Wild Quiver has been removed.
- is a new Mastery for Marksmanship Hunters, replacing Wild Quiver.
activates when the 사냥꾼 stands still for 3 seconds, giving them the effect for 6 seconds, increasing damage, shot range, and critical strike damage by 4% (increased by Mastery).
has been renamed 키메라 사격
. It is now a two-headed shot that hits two targets, costs 35 Focus (down from 45 Focus) and deals Frost or Nature damage. It no longer heals the 사냥꾼
now also provides its effect against all targets when
is active, and increases critical strike chance by 60% (down from 75%).
Apart from rotational changes through Ability Pruning, changes for Survival Hunters mostly center on
. We changed how
is triggered to increase the value of Multistrike, provide gameplay depth and the ability to pool damage more. Also note the new passive ability, 생존주의자
, which increases multistrike chance by 10%, in order to give Survival Hunters some baseline Multistrike chance.
- now costs 15 Focus (down from 25 Focus).
- 생존주의자 is a new passive ability learned by Survival Hunters at level 10.
생존주의자 increases Multistrike damage by 20% and causes the Hunter to gain 15% health over 10 seconds after killing a target.
Hunter Pet Abilities
We did a comprehensive pass on 사냥꾼
pet abilities. As mentioned above in Crowd Control and Diminishing Returns, all full crowd-control abilities have been removed from 사냥꾼
pets and replaced those with new abilities, including spreading some that were previously restricted to exotic pets. Additionally, Hunters can now tame beasts from new pet families.
- Several raid buffs provided by Hunter Pets have been changed into auras that are automatically applied to the 사냥꾼's party or raid.
- Abilities unique to each hunter pet family has been revised to provide a standard buff, debuff, or ability.
Combat Resurrection ability: 학, 나방, 기렌
- 죽음의 상처 debuff: 독수리, 데빌사우루스, 강물하마, 전갈
- Increased Spell Power buff: 뱀, 실리시드, 소금쟁이
- Increased Strength/Agility/Intellect buff: 개, 고릴라, 혈암거미, 벌레
- Increased Critical Strike Chance buff: 데빌사우루스, 기렌, 랩터, 혈암거미, 소금쟁이, 늑대
- Temporary Haste buff: 심장부 사냥개, 가오리
- Increased Haste buff: 라일라크, 하이에나, 포자박쥐, 말벌
- Increased Mastery buff: 살쾡이, 나이트본 여성, 야수 정령, 타조
- 체력 증가 buff: Bear, 염소, 라일라크, 실리시드
- Increased Multistrike buff: 바실리스크, 키메라, 심장부 사냥개, 용매, 여우, 갈래발굽, 천둥매
- Increased Versatility buff: 맹금, 멧돼지, 설치류, 폭풍의 눈, 갈래발굽, 벌레
- An ability that increases dodge chance of the pet by 30% for 10 seconds: 박쥐, 원숭이
- An ability that reduces damage taken by the pet by 50% for 12 seconds: 딱정벌레, 게, 기렌, 갈래발굽, 혈암거미, 거북
- An ability that Reduces the movement speed of the target by 50%: 키메라, 악어, 실리시드, 거미, 차원의 추적자
- The following pet families provide an ability that puts the pet in stealth mode slowing its movement speed by 50%. The first attack from stealth receives a 20% bonus to damage: 살쾡이, 야수 정령
- The following pet families provide an additional ability.
키메라 -냉기폭풍 숨결: Causes Froststorm damage to all targets in front of the 키메라 over 8 seconds.
- 심장부 사냥개 - 용암 피부: Causes Fire damage to attackers.
- 데빌사우루스 -육식: The devilsaur feasts on a nearby 인간형 or Beast corpse within 5 yards, healing it for 20% of its maximum health and restoring 20 Focus over 5 seconds.
- 공포뿔 -: Deflects all spells cast in front of the 공포뿔 for 6 seconds.
- 라일라크 - 상승 기류: 감속s the fall speed of both itself and the hunter for 30 seconds.
- 야수 정령 -영혼의 치유: Heals the target ally instantly, and additional healing over 10 seconds.
- 소금쟁이 -수면 총총걸음: Allows the Hunter and the Water Strider to walk across water.
- 벌레 -잠복 공격: Deals Nature damage to nearby enemies over 8 seconds.
There were also a few other changes, primarily for quality of life and rotational consistency.
- Aimed Shot no longer interrupts Auto Attacks, and can be cast while moving.
- 야수 소환 해제 now ignores line of sight.
- 폭발 덫 now places a periodic-damage effect on each target within the radius of the explosion, rather than a persistent effect on the ground.
- 포효 now has a 30-yard range.
- Hunter Pets now have a 1-second global cooldown.
See the Ability Pruning section for discussion of why we're pruning class abilities. For Mages, we removed several of the unused and niche abilities from each specialization that didn't use them primarily.
- 비전 탄막 replaces 화염 작렬 for Arcane Mages.
- 비전 작렬 now replaces Frostfire Bolt for Arcane Mages.
- 신비한 폭발 is now available only to Arcane Mages.
- Blizzard is now available only to Frost Mages.
- Conjure Mana Gem has been removed.
- 환기 is now available only to Arcane Mages.
- 불기둥 is now available only to Fire Mages.
- 얼음발 no longer has a restriction on base cast or channel times for spells (formerly only worked on spells with a base cast or channel time of less than 4 seconds).
- 얼음창 replaces 화염 작렬 and is now only available to Frost Mages.
- 불놀이꾼 has been removed.
- 산산조각 is now available only to Frost Mages.
- is now a passive effect and is available only to Arcane Mages.
- is now a passive effect and is available only to Frost Mages.
- is now a passive effect and is available only to Fire Mages.
- no longer deals direct damage or stuns.
Ability Consolidation and Refinement
Most of the Mage abilities required little consolidation. The most notable change here is turning Armor spells into passive abilities for each specialization.
- is now a passive effect and is available only to Arcane Mages.
- is now a passive effect and is available only to Frost Mages.
- is now a passive effect and is available only to Fire Mages.
- 's damage has been increased by 100%, but no longer deals direct damage or stuns, and replaces for Fire Mages.
- 얼음 화살 can no longer be used to heal the Mage's Water Elemental.
- 얼음창 replaces Fire Blast and is now only available to Frost Mages.
- 작열 now deals the same total damage with a 1 second period (down from 2 seconds). Base duration changed to 5 seconds so that duration when refreshed remains 6 seconds.
- 환영 복제 is now a level-90 Talent, replacing Invocation.
- 변이 variants except for 변이: 양 are now all learned as spells and grouped in a flyout on the Spellbook instead of being a Minor Glyph that alters the visuals of 변이: 양.
The Mage class has good specialization distinction when it comes to their single-target rotations, but utility and area-of-effect spells were heavily shared between specializations. Commonly, these spells were redundant as well. We made many of their spells specialization-specific (as described in Ability Pruning above). And probably most significant, we made changes to several existing Talents.
was extremely strong for instant crowd control (CC), which we wanted to curtail. Rather than completely remove Presence of Mind, we made it a base Arcane spell and added a new talent in its place, Evanesce. At first, it may seem out of place for Evanesce to be on a movement- focused talent row. In practice, it offers Mages the option to remain stationary instead of moving away from avoidable damage.
- Presence of Mind is no longer a talent, and is now learned by only Arcane Mages.
- 무의 존재 is a new Talent available at level 15, replacing Presence of Mind.
무의 존재 causes the 마법사 to fade into the nether, avoiding all attacks for 3 seconds. This spell has a 45-second cooldown, replaces 얼음 방패, is not on global cooldown, and may be cast while a cast-time spell is in progress.
Going along with our goals to reduce cooldown stacking across all of the classes, we decided to remove Alter Time's DPS contribution.
has a number of clever movement and utility uses, but in practice it was mostly being used for additional uptime of offensive cooldowns. 마법사
s also had many redundant forms of survival utility, so we moved a utility-only version of
into the Talent tree, replacing
- has been removed and replaced by .
- is now a level-30 Talent, replacing .
now lasts for 10 seconds (up from 6 seconds), has a 90-second cooldown (down from 3 minutes), and no longer affects the 마법사's mana, buffs, or debuffs.
A few of the abilities reset by
were made spec-specific, or could be overridden with Talents, so we expanded what it can affect to compensate.
- now also resets the cooldown of , 용의 숨결, and 무의 존재.
- was changed to make it more competitive with the rest of its talent row.
now causes the next 3 attackers (up from 1) to trigger a 얼음 회오리.
The Mage Bomb level-75 Talent row, the Bomb row, was also problematic. We chose to add the Bombs to all Mages' rotations in order to spice them up a bit, to provide rotational variety. That succeeded, and we're overall happy with how they interact with your rotation in a single-target situation, but they also came with the prospect of multi-dotting (applying your damage-over-time spell to many enemies, individually), which we don't feel is an appropriate fit for 마법사
s. Additionally, in order to make all 3 Bombs useful to all specializations, we had to lose some of their spec-specific perks. And, even more importantly, many 마법사
s did not like DoT gameplay at all.
In order to solve all of these problems, we decided to merge the 3 current Bomb Talents into one that changes based on spec. That allows us to reintroduce spec-specific perks to each Bomb, and makes room for some non-DoT alternatives.
- 황천의 폭풍우, 살아있는 폭탄, and now all share the left-talent slot and is available based on the 마법사's specialization.
has been redesigned.
now lasts 12 seconds, has no cooldown, and explodes every time the target is hit by the Mage's Ice Lance while frozen. The damage per explosion has been reduced by 75% to compensate.
can once again be applied to multiple targets, can be spread by 화염 작렬
, and has a 1.5-second cooldown. More of its damage has been moved into its explosion.
Nether Tempest can now only be on 1 target at a time (down from unlimited), but its secondary damage now hits all targets in range (up from only 1), deals 100% of the primary damage (up from 50%), and its damage can now be increased by Arcane Charges.불안정한 마법
is a new Talent that's available at level 75, and occupies the middle-talent slot.
- 불안정한 마법 causes 비전 작렬, 화염구, and 얼음 화살 have a chance to explode on impact, dealing an additional 50% damage to the target, and all other enemies within 8 yards.
The right-talent slot for level-75 has a new Talent that varies by specialization.
- 화염 폭풍: Cause an explosion of fiery force around the target enemy or ally, dealing Fire damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and dazing them, reducing their movement speed by 70% for 4 seconds. If the primary target is an enemy, they take 100% increased damage. Replaces Frost Nova. Instant cast ability with a 25-second cooldown and 2 charges.
- 서리 회오리: Cause a whirl of icy wind around the target enemy or ally, dealing Frost damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and freezing them for 4 seconds. If the primary target is an enemy, they take 100% increased damage. Replaces Frost Nova. Instant cast ability with a 20-second cooldown and 2 charges.
- 초신성: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them into the air. If the primary target is an enemy, they take 100% increased damage. Replaces Frost Nova. Instant cast ability with a 25-second cooldown and 2 charges.
One of the most problematic Talent rows in the game has been the 마법사
level-90 row. The primary theme of the row was mana, which only Arcane Mages actually cared about. Bonus damage was added in, making it functional for all Mages, but muddled in its goals. Additionally, some of them just weren't fun to play with. We've revised the row to be purely about damage, and made them have less maintenance cost. Arcane Mages will have enough mana regeneration without these Talents to perform well.
- Incanter's Ward has been removed and replaced by 주문술사의 흐름 a new level-90 Talent.
주문술사의 흐름: Magical energy flows through you, increasing all spell damage done by 5% per stack. While in combat, the magical energy builds up to 5 stacks over 5 seconds and then diminishes down to 1 stack over 5 seconds. This cycle repeats every 10 seconds.
Invocation has been removed and replaced by 환영 복제
is now a level-90 Talent, replacing Invocation. 환영 복제
now inherit 100% of the Mage's Spell Power (up from 5%) last 40 seconds (up from 30 seconds), and have a 2 minutes cooldown (down from 3 minutes).
- Glyph of Mirror Image has been removed and its effects have been incorporated into 환영 복제.
no longer replaces 환기
, no longer increases mana regeneration, and now lasts 3 minutes (up from 1 minute).
Frost Mages enjoyed newfound PvE viability in Mists of Pandaria, and we intend to continue that into the future. However, we do want to clean up some rough spots, especially around their valuing of secondary stats, and the amount of instant-cast spells in their rotation. The Frost Armor and Shatter changes increase the amount of Haste/Critical chance that they can acquire on gear before they start hitting soft caps. The Shatter change also lowers the value of Critical Strike for a bit. The changes to the level-75 Talent row meant that having a Bomb spell is no longer guaranteed, so we changed the way that
is triggered. 얼음창
's non-frozen damage was doubled to make up for no longer having access to 화염 작렬
and reducing redundancy in the process.
- now grants an 8% chance to Multistrike instead of 7% Haste.
- 산산조각 now multiplies Critical Strike chance by 1.5 (down from2).
- The Brain Freeze effect now increases 진눈깨비's damage by 25%, and can now stack up to 2 times. It also no longer triggers from the Bomb Talents, and instead has a 10% chance to trigger from 얼음 화살 casts. Each Multistrike of Frostbolt increases that cast's chance by an additional 25%. (Total of 60% on double-Multistrikes).
- 얼음창's base damage has been increased by 100%, but its damage multiplier against frozen targets has been reduced by 50%.
- 서리의 손가락 now increases Ice Lance damage by 100% (up from 25%).
- is now available only to Fire Mages.
- 까맣게 탄 문양 now causes 얼음 핏줄 to provide 35% chance to Multistrike instead of 20% Haste.
Fire Mage's rotation is looking solid with the new Draenor Perks. However, their cooldown strength could use a buff.
- 's damage has been increased by 100% and replaces for Fire Mages.
In order to make room for more Haste effects to apply to 비전 작렬
, we raised its cast time and damage slightly. We also made Arcane Charges last longer, to aid in questing and encounters.
- 비전 작렬's cast time has been increased to 2.25 seconds (up from 2 seconds), damage has been increased by 12.5% to compensate.
- s now last 15 seconds (up from 10 seconds), and increases mana cost by 100% (down from 150%).
- 신비한 화살 can now accumulate 3 charges (up from 2 charges).
수도사 (Section Updated)
The brand-new class for Mists of Pandaria, Monks, turned out to be a ton of fun. Brewmasters stayed fairly solid all expansion long. Windwalkers needed a few tweaks here and there, especially to their Mastery, and still have a few shortcomings that we hope to improve, but overall worked quite well. Mistweavers had a bit of a rollercoaster ride, veering between weak and strong over the course of the expansion. Most of our changes to 수도사
s will focus on Mistweavers, to try to get them just right.
See the Ability Pruning section above for discussion of why we're pruning class abilities. For Monks, the pruning focused on niche abilities. One removal of note is that of 치유의 구슬
. The active ability to place a 치유의 구슬
was particularly awkward to use, but overpowered if used perfectly. So we removed it, and replaced it with 치유의 파도
for Windwalkers and Brewmasters.
- Avert Harm has been removed.
- 충돌 has been removed.
- Dematerialize has been removed.
- Power Guard has been removed.
- 응수 has been removed.
- Spinning Fire Blossom has been removed.
- 시간차 now replaces Stance of the FierceTiger for Brewmaster Monks.
- now replaces 맹호지세 for Mistweaver Monks.
- 동물적 반사 신경 has been removed.
- 명상 is no longer available to Mistweaver Monks.
- 치유의 구슬 has been removed.
Abilities that can summon 치유의 구슬, Mastery: (Mistweavers), 소의 선물 (Brewmasters), and 내세 (Windwalkers) can still summon 치유의 구슬.
- is now available to all수도사 specializations. It costs 30 Energy in 옥스 or Tiger Stance, and continues to cost mana in Serpent Stanceand Crane Stance. However, it only generates Chi for Mistweaver Monks.
Ability Consolidation and Refinement수도사
ability consolidation is fairly straightforward. It includes merging of some passive abilities, and removing unneeded abilities that didn't create the gameplay depth they had been intended to.
- 수도원의 가르침 has been removed. Its effects modifying 회전 학다리차기 has been incorporated into .
- has been removed. Its effects have been incorporated into 시간차.
- has been removed. Its effects have been incorporated into 시간차.
- 강제 연계 has been removed. Its effects have been incorporated into 맹호지세.
- 싸움의 기술 has been removed. Its effects have been incorporated into 맹호지세.
- 강화주 now lasts 15 seconds (down from 20 seconds).
- 기찬 일격 now triggers every 15 seconds (up from every 20 seconds) and also triggers from (for Mistweavers only), but no longer triggers from 짜릿한 비취 번개.
- 소생술's mana cost has been reduced by 80%.
- 회전 학다리차기 now always generates 1 Chi, and no longer reduces movement speed.
- 마비 now always lasts 60 seconds against creatures, regardless of facing.
- 결박 is now available only to 풍운 수도사s.
- 생기 충전 now follows standard area-of-effect capping rules, diminishing in effectiveness beyond 6 targets.
- 명상 is no longer available to Mistweaver Monks, and no longer redirects harmful spells cast against party and raid members.
- 선의 파동 no longer has a target limit.
About midway through the expansion, it became clear that mana was not valuable for Mistweavers. We tried some adjustments to solve that, but it proved too large of a change to make at the time. We chose to just live with that problem for the time being, and tune them around not really caring much about Spirit or mana (once they reached epic gear).
Now that we have the time to tweak things for Mistweavers to acquire new gear, we're making changes to get them in the right spot. Initially, we experimented with giving Mistwavers a 1-second global cooldown (GCD) akin to that of the 도적
to give them a faster combat feel. However, it's proven difficult to balance. Haste is attractive to healers because it lowers not just cast time but GCD as well. Therefore, Monks valued Haste much less than other healers. We explored a few options, but ultimately landed on changing the core GCD for Mistweavers from 1 second to the standard 1.5 seconds, which you will be able to reduce with Haste. This will feel jarring at first, but we're confident that it's for the best, long-term.
- All abilities available to Mistweavers now have a 1.5-second global cooldown (up from 1 second).
맹호지세 now reduces the global cooldown of the Mistweaver Monk's abilities by 0.5 seconds.
- 시간차 now reduces the global cooldown of the Mistweaver Monk's abilities by 0.5 seconds.
Focus and Harmony is a new passive ability for Mistweaver Monks, causing Haste to reduce the global cooldown, and causes Attack Power to be equal to 100% of Spell Power.
짜릿한 비취 번개
- no longer provides this Spell Power to Attack Power conversion.
's throughput has been increased by 100%, but it no longer generates Chi for Mistweaver Monks. Additionally, it is free in
now grants 1 charge of Mana Tea (down from 2 charges).
Ascension now increases maximum Mana by 20% (up from 15%).
is a new spell available to Mistweaver Monks, instantly detonating all 치유의 구슬
, and causing each of them to heal a nearby ally within 12 yards of the sphere with a 15-second cooldown.치유의 구슬
now heal an ally within 12 yards (up from 6 yards) for 100% (up from 50%) of their normal healing, when they expire.특화: 안개 돌풍
chance to trigger has increased significantly for various Mistweaver spells, conferring a larger percentage of the maximum value.위안의 안개
's healing has been increased by 100%, its GCD has been reduced to 0.5 seconds, but no longer heals immediately, and no longer generates Chi.
no longer increases Haste from items by 50%.옥룡 조각상 소환
now has a 10-second cooldown (down from 30 seconds).집중의 천둥 차
no longer costs Chi, causes the next 소생의 안개
to jump up to 4 times (instead of causing the next 생기 충전
to refresh the duration of 소생의 안개
on all targets). Its effect on
remains unchanged.비취 안개
is a new passive ability for Mistweaver Monks, causing them to gain 5% more of the Multistrike stat from all sources, and also causes 소생의 안개
to have a chance equal to Multistrike chance to not go on cooldown when used. This effect cannot trigger on the next 소생의 안개
Another issue with Mistweavers is that of
, which has never really played out how we had hoped. The intent with
was to create an alternate play style to fulfill the fantasy of healing through dealing damage, since we knew a lot of players had that fantasy, and a new class was the perfect opportunity to satisfy that.
Having two play styles in one spec (
, and traditional 운무
, healing primarily through casting heals) proved challenging to balance, because we don't want players to take the best parts of both and stack them into an unintended superior spec. The most notorious of these cases was "Jab-Jab-Uplift". In order to solve this problem, we're giving Mistweavers two stances.
will continue to be the stance from which to do traditional 운무
. The new
will be the stance to use for
. You can swap stances at will, with only the cost of a GCD and any current Chi that you've accrued. The intention is that Crane Stance allows Mistweavers to trade healing for damage; it should fall somewhere in the middle between being a full healer, and being a full damage dealer.
짜릿한 비취 번개
- is a new ability for Mistweaver Monks, which replaces 맹호지세, and provides the following effects.
The Monk gains , causing all damage dealt to also heal nearby allies.
now causes a nearby target to be healed for 50% of all damage caused by the 수도사 and includes auto attacks.
- no longer provides this benefit.
channels 150% faster, generates 1 Chi each time it deals damage, but costs 300% more mana.후려차기
, increasing Critical Strike chance by 20% for 20 seconds.후려차기
to heal 5 allies instead of 1, but heals for only 20% of damage dealt instead of 35%.
The Monk gains a stack of
for every Chi consumed.
reduces the cast time and Mana cost of the next
by 20% per stack up to a maximum of 5 stacks.
Muscle Memory has been removed.
Serpent's Zeal has been removed.
has been removed.해오름차기
is now available to Mistweaver and 풍운 수도사
s. However, it does not cause 죽음의 상처
The following abilities now require
The following abilities now require
for Mistweavers:치유의 구슬
have been improved. You'll no longer waste them when running over multiples at once when you only need a little healing. We significantly improved the Mistweavers' Healing Spheres effect when they expire. We also made Afterlife's Healing Spheres consistent with the rest of the class.
- When a player runs through multiple 치유의 구슬 at once, only as many as needed to heal the player to full health will be consumed (instead of all of them if the player is injured at all).
- 치유의 구슬 summoned by Mastery: (Mistweaver) now heal an injured ally within 12 yards (up from 6 yards) for 100% (up from 50%) of their normal effect when they expire, and scales with Spell Power instead of Attack Power.
- 치유의 구슬 summoned by 내세 (Windwalkers) now heals for the same amount as other 치유의 구슬 (instead of healing for 15% of maximum health).
- Healing Spheres generated from 소의 선물 now heals the Monk if they are within 6 yards of the sphere when it expires.
Shared Ability Changes
There were several changes that affected multiple 수도사
specializations. We'd like to see 수도사
s using 해탈
more often, so its usability has been improved (some baseline, and some in a Draenor Perk). For Touch of Death, we like that it's a unique execute being usable only once, but found it impractical to use on bosses and have improved its usability. For Tiger Strikes, we buffed it to grant Multistrike ability which it was similar to already, and extended it to work with all 수도사
specializations. To better balance the damage of Brewmaster versus Windwalker where both share many of the same abilities, we removed the damage increase provided by Tiger Stance, and increased the damage of melee abilities to compensate.
- 흑우주 now has a 60 second recharge time (up from 45 seconds).
- 맹호지세 no longer increases damage dealt, also includes the benefits of 강제 연계 and 싸움의 기술, and is replaced by another stance for Brewmaster and Mistweaver Monks.
Brewmaster: 시간차 replaces 맹호지세.
- Mistweaver: replaces 맹호지세.
is now available to all 수도사
specializations, and has a chance to trigger on successful auto attacks and their Multistrikes. It has an 8% chance to trigger while using a two-handed weapon, and a 5% chance to trigger while dual wielding.
- When triggered, now grants a 25% increase to Multistrike for 8 seconds instead of a 50% increase to attack speed and double attacks for 4 attacks.
is no longer available to Mistweaver Monks, and is usable on targets that have 10% or less health remaining, or have less current health than your maximum health. The rules against players remain unchanged.해탈
: Transfer no longer has an energy or mana cost.
For Energy-based gameplay to function well, the primary limitation on ability usage should be Energy, not time. That breaks down when a rotation becomes limited by available GCDs, rather than by Energy. Windwalkers were hitting this “GCD-cap” too easily, causing scaling problems as they geared up, and removing rotational choices. To solve this problem, we’ve made a few tweaks that will slow down their rotation slightly; but still allow Windwalkers who enjoy the GCD-capped playstyle to have options available to focus on Haste and Energy regeneration. Individually, these may sound like significant nerfs, but Windwalker damage has been adjusted to compensate for these changes. The goal is to address the issue with GCD-capping while not reducing DPS.
- 강제 연계 now has an 8% chance to trigger, per effect, per 범의 장풍 (down from 12%).
- 범의 장풍 now costs 45 Energy while in 맹호지세
There are a couple of additional changes for Windwalkers. Storm, Earth, and Fire, got buffed to make it smoother to use. We also buffed 분노의 주먹
because we felt that the ability wasn't giving a strong enough damage boost given its restrictions and impact on the 수도사
- 분노의 주먹 now deals 100% increased damage, and always deal full damage to the primary target; additional targets are still affected by the damage split.
- Storm, Earth, and Fire no longer has an energy cost, and is off global cooldown.
For Brewmasters, Gift of the Ox has been modified to allow it to scale defensively with the new Multistrike stat. The Black Ox Statue has been modified to aid 수도사
s in establishing threat on new enemies instead of shielding allies. We also removed the Misfire effect, as it did not live up to its original idea, and was unnecessary.
- 흑우 조각상 no longer casts 방어 자세 on allies and now has a 10-second cooldown (down from 30 seconds). 흑우 조각상 now passively attracts the attention of all enemies within 30 yards, causing a minor amount of threat each second.
- 술안개 now has no Energy cost but no longer causes the target's melee attacks to sometimes misfire.
- 무쇠가죽주 now increases dodge chance by 45% (up from 30%).
- 소의 선물 now has a chance to trigger only from auto attack Multistrikes, instead of from all auto attacks. It has a 100% chance to trigger while using a two-handed weapon, and a 62.5% chance to trigger while dual wielding.
- 시간차 now increases Stamina by 25% (up from 20%), reduces magic damage taken by 10% (down from all damage taken by 25%), and grants a 50% increase to Armor, but no longer increases Energy regeneration.
- Shuffle now increases Stagger and Parry by 10% (down from 20%).
성기사 (Section Updated)
See the Ability Pruning section above for discussion of why we're pruning class abilities. For Paladins, the pruning focused on removing niche abilities, and trimming cooldowns.
- 응징의 격노 is no longer available to Protection Paladins.
- Divine Favor has been removed.
- Divine Plea has been removed. Mana costs for 성기사s have been adjusted accordingly.
- 고대 왕의 수호자 is now only available to Protection Paladins.
- is now only available to Protection Paladins.
- 성스러운 빛 has been removed.
- 심문 has been removed.
- is no longer available to Holy Paladins.
- is no longer available to Holy Paladins.
Ability Consolidation and Refinement
There were a few mergers of passive abilities, and some tweaks to a couple of abilities.
- 천상의 빛 has been renamed 성스러운 빛.
- 신의 가호 now lasts 8 seconds (down from 10 seconds).
- 고대 왕의 수호자 now lasts 8 seconds (down from 12 seconds).
- now heals all allies within 10 yards for 15% of 신성 충격's healing (instead of 75%, split between each ally).
- 위대한 성전사 now triggers from any avoidance, not just dodge and parry.
- Hand of Sacrifice is now off global-cooldown.
- 심판 is now naturally free for Holy Paladins, and naturally generates 1 Holy Power for Protection and Retribution Paladins.
Judgments of the Bold has been removed.
Redemption's mana cost has been reduced by 95%.관대한 치유사
no longer causes
to apply to 순간 치유
. For Holy Paladins, it now increases the healing of 순간 치유
on others by 35% per stack (up from 20%). For Retribution and Protection Paladins, the effect on Flash of Light remains unchanged.
Sword of Light now increases damage by 25% (down from 30%).
- 전쟁의 기술's effects have been merged into baseline .
We made several changes for Holy, to go along with other larger system changes to compensate for the removal of 고대 왕의 수호자
from Holy, and merged its benefits into Divine Favor. In order to follow through on our change to merge all types of Haste %, we removed the Spell Haste % from
to a Holy-only passive, so that it didn't also increase Protection's baseline Haste by 10%. Our changes to healer mana and mobility also indirectly increased the value of 관대한 치유사
by a large amount, so we brought it back down to be even in power with the other talents on its row. We also raised the range of
to be consistent with other spells. Lastly, we adjusted the critical strike chance of 신성 충격
, to increase the value of Critical Strike for Holy Paladins.
- 응징의 격노 now also increases all of the 성기사's healing by 20% for its duration.
- 빛의 봉화 now has a small Mana cost.
- 's range has increased to 40 yards (up from 30 yards).
- 신성 충격 now has twice the normal chance to critically strike (instead of having an additional 25% chance to critically strike).
- 빛 주입 now also passively increases Haste by 10%.
- no longer increases spell Haste by 10%.
- 관대한 치유사 for Holy no longer causes 심판 to grant Holy Power. It also is only usable on 빛의 섬광, no longer on 성스러운 빛 or .
- 빛의 봉화's effects have been changed and merged into baseline 빛의 봉화.
빛의 봉화 now causes 빛의 섬광 and 성스러운 빛 on a 빛의 봉화 target to refund 40% of the spell's Mana cost instead of generating 1 Holy Power.
For Protection, we tweaked
in order to reduce its massive self-healing amount, and provide better balance between talents on that row. We also added a new passive,
, in order to give defensive value to the new Multistrike stat.
's damage and cooldown were also increased, and 축성의 분노
changed to buff it further, in order to give Protection Paladins more burst threat and damage, while retaining its core damage-splitting identity.
- Mastery: Divine Bulwark now increases damage reduction from Shield of the Righteous by 6% (scaling with Mastery, down from starting at 8%), and causes Bastion of Glory to increase healing received from Word of Glory by 6% (scaling with Mastery, down from starting at 8%).
- no longer affects the periodic healing of . It still affects the direct healing portion of the ability.
- 성역 now reduces damage taken by 10% (down from 15), and no longer increases Armor.
- now increases Stamina by 15% (down from 25%), and increases block chance by 5% (down from 10%).
- 정의의 방패 now reduces physical damage taken by 20% (down from 25%).
- now increases Word of Glory’s healing by 6% per stack (down from 10% per stack).
- is a new passive ability for Protection Paladins.
: All heals you receive have a chance equal to your Multistrike chance to trigger , healing you for an additional 30% of the triggering heal.
's damage has been increased by 100%, and its cooldown increased to 15 seconds (up from 9 seconds).축성의 분노
for Protection Paladins has been redesigned.
- 축성의 분노 (Protection) now increases the damage of by 100% and causes it to generate 1 Holy Power.
We made a few additional changes to 성기사
s. We revised the functionality of 정의의 망치
a bit, such that its performance is about the same, but its tooltip is much clearer. We also made
much more attractive to use as an emergency button. We also revised how
interacts with Holy Power, and allowed it to once again trigger
. One big change for Retribution that isn't mentioned here is the removal of 심문
(see Ability Pruning), which will have a notable effect on their rotation.
- 's periodic healing effect has been changed. Its duration now scales with Holy Power, instead of its healing. Its effect at 3 Holy Power remains unchanged.
- 정의의 망치 now deals 50% Physical weapon damage (up from 15%) to the primary target, but the primary target is no longer hit with the Holy damage.
- can once again be triggered by .
- Seals no longer cost any mana.
- (the Holy version of ) now deals its healing in a large burst at first, and then decreasing over time (reversed from before).
사제 (Section Updated)사제
s received several significant changes, mainly focused on reining in Discipline's damage absorption shields, improving quality of life for Discipline and Holy specializations, and solving single-target damage issues for Shadow.
See the Ability Pruning section above for discussion of why we're pruning class abilities. For Priests, pruning focused on removing redundant off-role abilities, trimming cooldowns, and removing niche abilities.
- 결속의 치유 is now only available to 신성 사제s.
- is now available only to Discipline Priests.
- Hymn of Hope has been removed.
- Heal has been removed.
- 내면의 열정 has been removed.
- Inner Focus has been removed.
- Inner Will has been removed.
- Rapture has been removed.
- 소생 is now available only to 신성 사제s.
- 어둠의 권능: 죽음 is now available only to 암흑 사제s.
Discipline and 신성 사제s can add a self-damaging utility to 신성한 불꽃 through a new Major Glyph.
is now a level-75 talent, replacing
for Discipline Priests.
Strength of Soul has been removed.
Train of Thought has been removed.공허의 전환
has been removed.
Ability Consolidation and Refinement사제
s had quite a few bits of complication strewn throughout their spells which we polished out.
- 상급 치유 has been renamed to Heal.
- 's effects have been merged into baseline 신의 권능: 보호막 for Discipline Priests.
has been redesigned. It now increases the Priest's stat gains to Haste from all sources by 40% for 6 seconds.
now always costs 3
, and how heals the 사제
for 100% of all damage it deals, instead of healing per tick.신성한 불꽃
now lasts 9 seconds (up from 7 seconds).
no longer allows any healing spells to be cast but also no longer has a restriction on casting other Holy spells.흡혈의 선물
now heals all party and raid members for 10% of damage done, and this healing is no longer split between targets (up from 75% of damage done, split between targets).빛샘
's healing effect is no longer canceled if the target takes enough damage.고통 억제
no longer reduces the target's threat by 5%.신의 권능: 위안
now restores 2% mana (up from 1%).분산
and 흡혈의 손길
no longer restores mana.
- Base mana regeneration rate for 암흑 사제 has been increased by 200%, 어둠의 권능: 고통 and 흡혈의 손길 mana costs have been reduced by 50% to compensate.
no longer affects the damage or mana cost of spells. Damage of affected spells have been adjusted to compensate.어둠의 권능: 고통
's initial damage is now considered direct damage, not periodic damage.
- 그림자 원혼 and 어둠의 통찰 are no longer able to trigger from this initial direct damage.
now heals all party or raid members instead of a variable number depending on raid size. Its healing has been adjusted to compensate.의지 집중
now triggers from any damage taken instead of being limited to being the victim of any damage above 5% of total health or being critically hit by non-periodic attacks.
Level-90 Talents and Atonement속죄
was the original damage-to-healing conversion ability, but grew out of control during Mists of Pandaria. We decided to reduce its effectiveness, to bring it more in line with our goal of it being an option to trade significant healing for significant damage (ending up somewhere between a full healer and a full damage dealer). Another place where Discipline's absorbs were too strong was in their interaction with the level-90 Talents, especially in large Raids. Near the end of Mists of Pandaria, we uncapped the AoE healing of that Talent row; that has proven to be a mistake in Discipline's case, not just because it caused the level-90 Talents themselves to heal for too much, but rather because the gigantic overhealing that that produced translated into gigantic
- 속죄 now heals for 25% less than before.
- Mana cost has been reduced by 67%.
Discipline and Holy: now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast, see also: Instant Cast Heals), heals for 50% less, and no longer damages enemies.
- Shadow: no longer heals allies.
Mana cost has been reduced by 67%, and now follows standard AoE capping rules.
- Discipline and Holy: 천상의 별 now heals for 50% less, and no longer damages enemies.
- Shadow: no longer heals allies.
Halo’s Mana cost has been reduced by 67%, and now follows standard AoE capping rules.
- Discipline and Holy: 후광 now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast, see also: Instant Cast Heals), heals for 50% less, and no longer damages enemies.
- Shadow: no longer heals allies.
For Holy Priests, our biggest concern is with the
s. We think that
s are the defining abilities of Holy Priests, but that they haven't lived up to their potential. We decided to move more of their effectiveness from their raw throughput buff (which felt like a penalty for being in the wrong chakra, rather than a bonus for being in the right
) into their bonus effects, and the Holy Word spells that they grant. Please note that all 사제
healing spells have been retuned to account for the loss of throughput increases from
s. We also returned 소생
to a normal 1.5-second global cooldown (GCD), so that 소생
blanketing is still possible, but less ideal without Haste. Finally, the ability for 신의 권능: 보호막
to critically strike or Multistrike is now baseline for all 사제
specializations instead of just Discipline so that it continues to be a viable choice for Holy at higher gear levels.
- is a new passive ability for 신성 사제s.
increases the amount of the Multistrike stat gains from all sources by 5%, and increases the damage and healing of Multistrikes by 20%.
no longer refreshes the duration of 소생
.빛의 권능: 신성화
's cooldown is now 12 seconds (up from 10 seconds).
no longer grants a chance for 성스러운 일격
to reset 빛의 권능: 응징
no longer increases healing of area-of-effect spells. It now causes healing spell casts to reduce the remaining cooldown on 빛의 권능: 신성화
by 1 second instead of always reducing the cooldown by 2 seconds.
no longer increases healing of single-target spells.신의 권능: 보호막
may now critically strike or Multistrike.
- no longer grants 신의 권능: 보호막 a chance to critically strike.
has been removed. (See also: Hit and Expertise Removal.)
now heals for 60% more than before.
now heals for 40% more than before.신의 권능: 보호막
now has a chance for a critical effect based on critical strike chance and can Multistrike based on Multistrike chance for all specializations.정화
can now be cast while in 구원의 영혼
no longer reduces the global cooldown of 소생
Shadow Changes암흑 사제
s had one large problem toward the end of Mists of Pandaria: single-target damage. Their AoE and multi-DoT damage was some of the best around, so they still ended up competitive on most fights. But, in any fight that was mostly single-target, they felt lacking. Additionally, one of the new stats we're adding in Warlords of Draenor, Multistrike, is almost exactly what their current Mastery, Shadowy Recall, does for DoTs. So, we took these two problems and came up with a change that we think will solve both of them. The result is a new Mastery, which primarily increases single-target damage. 암흑 사제
s who want to focus on single-target damage can aim for Mastery in their gearing; or, when multi-dotting is more valuable, prefer other secondary stats over Mastery.
- 암흑 사제's Mastery (Shadowy Recall) has been replaced with a new Mastery: Mental Anguish.
Mastery: Mental Anguish: Increases the damage of 정신 분열, 정신의 쐐기, 정신의 채찍, and 정신 불태우기 by 20%.
now always costs 3
Spiritual Precision has been removed. (See also: Hit and Expertise Removal.)
The cooldown of 정신 분열
has also been adjusted to make Haste more valuable for Shadow, and removes Haste breakpoints.
- 정신 분열's cooldown is now reduced by haste, but its base cooldown is now 9 seconds (up from 8 seconds).
Several talents were split into different versions by specialization. We revised the effectiveness of some of these talents to better balance talent choices on their row. We also swapped the Level-15 and Level-60 talent rows so players are presented with core Priest themed abilities earlier in the leveling process.
To get back to a balanced place, we've reapplied the AoE caps to the level-90 Talents, making them consistent with all other AoE heals, and reduced their effectiveness across the board. We've compensated for this in the tuning of 사제
- Level-15 and Level-60 talent rows have swapped places.
- 's effects have been split based on specialization.
Discipline: The effect is now based on 혼의 너울.
- Shadow: This effect is now named 어둠의 통찰.
From Darkness, Comes Light has been split into two abilities depending on the 사제
- 어둠의 쇄도 (Shadow) now has a maximum of 3 charges (up from 2) and can now also trigger its effect from , but its chance to trigger has been reduced to 10% (down from 20%) to compensate.
- 빛의 쇄도 (Discipline, Holy) activation chance has been reduced to 8% (down from 15%).
now grants 25% Haste (up from 20%), but no longer increases damage (down from 5%).
has been split into 신의 권능: 위안
for Discipline and Holy, and Insanity for Shadow.
- has been changed to cause consuming to transform 정신의 채찍 into for 2 seconds per consumed.
now only triggers from healing for Discipline and Holy Priests, and only triggers from damage for 암흑 사제
First, there are a couple of quality-of-life changes for 회복의 기원
and 천사의 깃털
s. Next is a fix for a problem with
, where it lasts its full duration against creatures that had no way to attack it, such as in certain Raid encounters (note that the health reduction is to keep it where it was in health, compared to player health doubling). We also removed the Mana generation from 어둠의 마귀
, in order to simplify it to being a burst-damage-cooldown. And last but certainly not least, we're making 신성한 폭발
an efficient AoE healing spell for Discipline Priests.
- Angelic Feathers now increases movement speed by 60% (down from 80%). If cast on players, will always prefer the casting 사제 over others, then pick the player closest to the targeted location. If there are no players where it is targeted, it will still create a feather that can be picked up, as before. Additionally, when collecting multiple feathers, the duration will be extended instead of replaced; up to a maximum of 130% of base duration.
- Enlightenment is a new passive ability for Discipline Priests.
Enlightenment increases the critical healing chance of Prayer of Mending by 10%, and increases stat gains to Critical Strike from all sources by 5%.
Holy Nova is no longer available through a Major Glyph, and is instead a Discipline specialization spell. Its mana cost has been lowered and its healing increased. It is intended as the efficient area-of-effect (AoE) healing spell for Discipline Priests.회복의 기원
from multiple 사제
s can now be on the same target, and can be on multiple targets from the same 사제
, but the ability has a 1.5-second cast time(up from instant cast). (See also: Instant Cast Heals)어둠의 마귀
no longer restores mana.
- 환각의 마귀 now restores 0.75% mana per hit (down from 1.75% mana).
now have 10% of the 사제
's health (down from 20%), and damage dealt to the rooted target is now also dealt to the 공허의 촉수
도적 (Section Updated)
See the Ability Pruning section above for discussion of why we're pruning class abilities. For Rogues, a couple of abilities were changed to be specialization specific where they were redundant, did some thinning on cooldown.
- 함정 해제 has been removed.
- 칼날 부채 is no longer available to Combat Rogues.
- 파열 is no longer available to Combat Rogues.
- Shadow Blades has been removed.
- 그림자 걷기 has been removed.
Ability Consolidation and Refinement도적
s received several mergers of passive abilities. There's also additional cooldown thinning with the change to 속임수 거래
- now increases damage by 15% (down from 20%).
- 사각 지대's effects have been merged into baseline 절단.
- 질주 now costs 30 Energy (up from 15 Energy).
- Crimson Tempest's periodic damage now has rolling periodic behavior, meaning that remaining damage from the previous application is added into the newly-applied periodic-damage effect.
- Cut to the Chase's effects have been merged into baseline 독살.
- 죽음의 투척 no longer has a minimum range.
- 왕성한 회복력's effects have been merged into baseline Slice and Dice for Subtlety Rogues.
- 독살 now increases poison chance by 30% (up from 15%).
- Find Weakness' effects have been merged into baseline 매복, 목조르기, and 비열한 습격 for Subtlety Rogues.
- 목조르기 now ticks every 2 seconds (up from every 3 seconds). Damage has been adjusted to compensate.
- 광기의 학살자 no longer increases all damage done for the duration. Its damage has been increased to compensate.
- 잠행의 대가's effects have been merged into baseline 은신 for Subtlety Rogues.
- Relentless Strikes' effects have been merged into 무정함 for Combat Rogues. It remains a separate passive for Assassination and Subtlety Rogues.
- Restless Blades' effects have been merged into 무정함.
- 낙법's effects have been merged into baseline 빠른 발.
- 속임수 거래 now has no energy cost and no longer increases damage caused by the target by 15%.
- 맹독 상처's effects have been merged into baseline 파열 for 암살 도적s. It no longer triggers from 목조르기 and now always triggers when 파열 deals damage (up from a 75% chance).
The biggest change for 도적
s is a fundamental change to how Combo Points work. They're now shared across all enemies; you can swap targets and you won't lose your Combo Points.
- Combo Points for 도적s are now shared across all targets and they are no longer lost when switching targets.
- Redirect has been removed.
is an interesting mechanic that is important to Combat gameplay, but wasn't working out quite as well as we think that it could. In particular, there's basically no way to adjust when you're going to be in
, other than stopping your rotation (and thus wasting energy, combo points, temporary effects, cooldown time, etc.). So, we're making an adjustment to
. The intention here is that you can use
in place of 사악한 일격
when you want to delay
(such as to line it up with a specific upcoming fight mechanic), and have little lost damage besides the overall
uptime. We don't expect this nuanced rotation adjustment to be used by all Combat Rogues, but having a little more control over the pace of your rotation will be useful to some.
Also worth noting here is the removal of Ambidexterity. This was done to reduce the amount of damage coming from auto attacks for Combat Rogues. We've increased the damage of their active abilities to compensate and make them more rewarding.
Finally, we changed 맹 고슈
to accentuate the importance of the off-hand weapon for Combat.
- now grants 사악한 일격 a 25% chance to generate an extra Combo Point (up from 20%) but no longer advances .
- Ambidexterity has been removed.
- 맹 고슈 now deals off-hand weapon damage. Its damage has been increased to compensate.
Area-of-Effect Attacks (Assassination, Combat)
Among some other changes to improve Rogue AoE damage, we made a couple of baseline changes, and added a few Draenor Perks that impacts their AoE.
- 폭풍의 칼날 can now trigger poisons, and now deals 30% damage (down from 40%).
- 운명의 낙인 now also grants a combo point for area attacks that critically strike the 도적's primary target.
is an extremely powerful ability, but has the downside that it adds significant disparity between character power while soloing and while in a group. We made this change to bring up the soloing Subtlety Rogue, without having a significant impact on their performance while in a group. The passive ability
also received significant change to better balance scaling rates, the value of secondary stats, improve Multistrike for them, and add rotational depth.
- 기습 can now be used on either side of the target, in addition to behind the target. (See also:Facing Requirements)
- Hemorrhage’s periodic damage is now based on attack power (instead of the initial strike's damage), and ticks every 2 seconds. Damage has been adjusted to compensate.
can now also be triggered by critical hits from the 도적's melee Auto Attacks.
- now increases Agility by 15% (down from 30%), and the amount of Multistrike bonus received from all sources by 5% (in order to act as Subtlety's Secondary Stat Attunement). And finally, when the rogue Multistrikes with 기습 or 매복, they also twist the blade, causing all Bleed effects to advance by 2 seconds, triggering an instant tick.
has proved too powerful, and frustrating to play against in PvP, so we decided to reduce its defensive capabilities, while preserving its offensive power. We changed the 기만
period to allow the use of stealth abilities without actually stealthing you, similar to
- 기만 now allows you to use abilities that require stealth for 3 seconds after leaving 은신, instead of actually staying stealthed for 3 seconds.
주술사 (Section Updated)
See the Ability Pruning section above for discussion of why we're pruning class abilities. For Shamans, we removed some niche abilities, and also split out a few abilities by specialization.
- Ancestral Awakening has been removed.
- Ancestral Vigor has been removed.
- Burning Wrath has been removed.
- 연쇄 치유 is now available only to Restoration Shaman.
- 대지 충격 is now available only to 정기 주술사. Enhancement and Restoration Shaman should use in its place.
- Earthliving Weapon has been removed.
- Elemental Focus has been removed.
- Feral Spirit's Spirit Wolves no longer have the Spirit Bite ability.
- 치유의 물결 has been removed.
- 용암 폭발 now replaces 원시의 일격 for Elemental and Restoration Shaman.
- 용암 토템 is now available only to 고양 주술사.
- Mana Tide Totem has been removed. Restoration Shaman Mana costs have been adjusted to compensate.
- has been removed. 고양 주술사 mana regeneration has been increased by 100% to compensate.
- 대지의 무기 has been removed.
- 영혼나그네의 은총 is no longer available to 고양 주술사.
- 전하 충격 has been removed.
- 이글거리는 불길 has been removed.
불꽃혓바닥 무기 damage has been increased by 40%, and 용암 채찍 damage has been increased to 280% weapon damage (up from 140%) to compensate.
has been split into different versions based on specialization.
for Enhancement, modifies 생명 폭발
for Restoration, and modifies
- is now available only to 고양 주술사, and always provides the previous benefits of with 질풍 and .
- has been made into a separate ability available only to 정기 주술사, and always provides the previous benefits of with .
- 생명 폭발 has been made into a separate ability available only to Restoration Shaman, and always provides the previous benefits of with Earthliving.
is now available only to Restoration Shaman, and replaces
Ability Consolidation and Refinement주술사
had a number of extra abilities that were consolidated to provide a smoother rotation flow. Mana regeneration and mana costs for Elemental and Enhancement were made compensate for abilities removed via Ability Pruning. The removal of Weapon Imbues was significant. There was always one right answer for each specialization, and so we made the appropriate Weapon Imbue passive to each spec, or tuned abilities around its removal.
Finally, there's the removal of 구르는 천둥
. In concept, this is a simple merger of 구르는 천둥
, but also with some consolidation of its effects; the mana recovery component was removed along with other mana changes, and the random chance was removed while maximum stack size was increased to compensate. The randomness in 구르는 천둥
became redundant, because there already was a source of randomness in
now that Multistrikes trigger it.
- 고대의 영혼's mana cost has been reduced by 95%.
- 정기의 격노 has been removed. 정기 주술사 now naturally have critical strike damage increased to 250% of normal damage.
- 정기의 메아리 has been redesigned. The Shaman's spells and abilities have a chance to trigger 정기의 메아리, causing their next short-cooldown spell or ability to not trigger a cooldown.
Elemental: It may be used on , 지진, or 용암 폭발.
- Enhancement: It may be used on 유성, 용암 채찍, or 폭풍의 일격.
- Restoration: It may be used on Unleash Life, 영혼 정화, or 성난 해일.
now has a 2-minute cooldown (up from 1.5 minute).
Elemental Oath and Unleashed Rage have been removed.
- now also provides 5% Haste to all party and raid members.
and 질풍의 무기
have been removed.
- 강화된 무기 is a new passive ability available to 고양 주술사, causing main-hand weapon attacks to have a chance to trigger 3 extra attacks, and off-hand weapon attacks to deal additional fire damage.
- 용암 채찍's damage done is no longer increased by 불꽃혓바닥 무기, and its damage has been increased to compensate.
's duration has been increased to 30 seconds.
no longer generates additional threat.
Greater Healing Wave has been renamed to 치유의 물결
.치유의 해일 토템
now heals all party or raid members, but amount healed per target has been reduced to compensate.용암 채찍
now spreads Flame Shock to up to 6 nearby enemies (up from 4 enemies).
Rolling Thunder has been removed.
- Elemental Shaman Mana regeneration has been increased by 50% to compensate.
- now causes 정기 작렬, 번개 화살 and 연쇄 번개 damage and multistrike damage to always generate an additional charge, up to a maximum of 15. 대지 충격 will consume any charges beyond 1, dealing their total damage to the enemy target.
no longer reduces Mana costs while active.천둥폭풍
no longer regenerates Mana.
Totems will no longer cause hostile creatures to enter combat with the 주술사
based on proximity.
has been split into different versions based on specialization.
- is now available only to 고양 주술사, and now increases attack speed by 60% (up from 50%), and increases the damage of the 주술사's next Fire spell by 40% (up from 30%), but no longer deals direct damage or requires an enemy target.
- has been made into a separate ability available only to 정기 주술사, and now increases the damage of the 주술사's next Fire spell by 40% (up from 30%), but no longer deals direct damage or requires an enemy target.
- 생명 폭발 has been made into a separate ability available only to Restoration Shaman, and now heals an ally and increases the effect of the 주술사's next direct heal by 30%.
- now provides similar benefits, but applied as buffs to the 주술사, instead of debuffs to an enemy. For Enhancement Shamans, it now grants 5% increase Multistrike chance instead of causing your auto attacks to trigger 전하 충격.
now only triggers from melee attacks.
- Mana costs for Restoration Shaman have been adjusted to compensate.
no longer requires
to be active.
Elemental and Enhancement Changes
For Elemental and Enhancement, we had a few problems to solve. Enhancement suffers from having their damage split among so many damage sources that none of it feels impressive. We changed the damage of several abilities to try to reorganize their damage into fewer, more impactful abilities, while keeping the net total the same. For a long time 정기 주술사
was one of the specializations most impacted by movement, at a time where other casters were increasingly able to cast while moving.
In Warlords of Draenor, we're pulling back on the ability for many casters to deal damage while moving, and that includes Elemental. They will still have some ability to deal damage while moving, through Shocks, Unleash Weapon, and instant 용암 폭발
s. For Chain Lightning, we wanted to reduce the impact of Haste soft capping, and so changed
to increase damage instead of reduce cast time. Additionally, we simplified 날카로운 바람
by removing its impact on threat, which no longer matters.
- for the Enhancement specialization now changes the 주술사's auto attacks and 폭풍의 일격 to deal Wind-based physical damage that bypasses armor.
- deals 90% less Auto Attack damage but generates 1000% more threat.
- Elemental Precision has been removed. (See also: Hit and Expertise Removal.)
- Feral Spirits' damage has been increased by 300%.
- 유성 now has a cooldown of 4.5 second (up from 4.0 seconds).
- has been redesigned. 근접 haste effects now reduce the global cooldown and cooldowns of 대지 충격, 유성, , , 용암 채찍, 전하 충격, 폭풍의 일격, and .
- 용암 채찍 now has a cooldown of 10.5 seconds (up from 10 seconds).
- 번개 화살 is no longer castable while moving by default. Effects like 영혼나그네의 은총 can still make the spell castable while moving.
- 용암 토템's damage has been increased by 100%, and now ticks faster with Haste.
- 's chance to trigger has been reduced by 20%.
- 원시 대지의 정령's 파쇄 ability no longer deals damage.
- Searing Totem's Searing Bolt now has a 2-second cast time (up from 1.5 seconds), but casts faster with Haste, and its damage has been increased by 120%.
- no longer reduces the cast time of 연쇄 번개, but instead now increases the damage of 연쇄 번개 by 100% (up from 70%).
- no longer increases the chance to hit with 번개 화살, 용암 폭발, 사술, or . (See also: Hit and Expertise Removal.)
- 폭풍의 일격 now has a cooldown of 7.5 seconds (down from 8 seconds).
- 날카로운 바람 no longer affects threat.
- 질풍의 무기 no longer has a 3-second internal cooldown.
One of the new secondary stats Multistrike, functions very similarly to
. We wanted to keep Mastery and Multistrike feeling distinct, but also know how iconic and important
is for 정기 주술사
. So, we decided to merge the two together with Multistrike driving
, and give the Elemental specialization a new Mastery. For the new Mastery, we wanted to strengthen the 정기 주술사
's connection to earth energies, and added damage that continues while the 주술사
is moving. The summary of all this is that if you liked Mastery before, favor Multistrike instead for the same effect. Or try out the new Mastery: 대지의 분노
. 연쇄 번개
were also improved significantly to offset the fact that
was a massive buff to it, but 대지의 분노
- is now a regular passive ability and is no longer increased by Mastery. It grants 35% increased Multistrike damage and healing, and an additional 20% to Multistrike chance. It also increases the amount of the Multistrike stat gains from all sources by 5%, serving as Elemental's Secondary Stat attunement.
- 대지의 분노 is a new Mastery for 정기 주술사.
대지의 분노 causes the 주술사's damaging spells to incite the earth around to come to their aid for 6 seconds, repeatedly dealing Fire damage to their most recently attacked target.
's damage has been increased by 50%.지진
's damage has been increased by 33%.
Restoration Shaman had the most passive and smart healing of any healer, and so received some reductions in that area, along with buffs elsewhere to keep them competitive.
- 연쇄 치유 now heals each chain target for 10% less than the previous target.
- is no longer triggered by damaging spells for Restoration Shaman, or by healing spells for non-Restoration Shaman.
- 정기 작렬 now also grants increased Spirit for Restoration Shaman, in addition to the random secondary stat. Spirit amount granted is equal to double the random secondary stat amount.
- Multiple Earth Shields can now be applied to the same target.
- Earthliving Weapon now increases healing done by 5% (instead of increasing healing Spell Power by a flat amount).
- 치유의 토템's mana cost has been reduced to 10% of base mana (down from 23.5%), and its healing has been reduced by 50%.
- 성난 해일's healing has been adjusted to put significantly more of it into the initial heal. The initial heal amount has been increased by 70%, while the periodic healing amount has been reduced by 20%.
- 굽이치는 물결 now reduces the cast time of 치유의 물결 by 20% (down from 30%).
- 생명 폭발 no longer increases the healing from 치유의 비 but its direct healing has been increased by 100%.
- 까맣게 탄 문양 no longer causes 연쇄 치유 to have a 2-second cooldown.
- 까맣게 탄 문양 now only increases the mana returned from recalling your totems by 25% (down from 75%).
We also made a couple quality of life improvements to Shaman Shield spells.
- now persists through death.
- now persists through death.
흑마법사 (Section Updated)흑마법사
s received some polish but remain relatively unchanged. They saw the most change of any class in Mists of Pandaria, and so were in need of less revision this time around.
See the Ability Pruning section above for discussion of why we're pruning class abilities. For Warlocks, that primarily focused on removing niche abilities.
- Curse of the Elements has been removed.
- Demonic Rebirth has been removed.
- is no longer available to Destruction Warlocks.
- Harvest Life has been replaced with a new talent called for Destruction Warlocks.
- reduces Ember Tap's Burning Ember cost by 50%, and increases its healing by 50%.
- : 공허 광선 has been removed.
- 부패의 씨앗 now replaces 불의 비 for Affliction Warlocks.
- Twilight Ward has been removed.
Ability Consolidation and Refinement
had several extremely niche spell amplifications which were removed. We distinguished 굴단의 손
and 혼돈의 파동
further by removing the snare from the former and improving the snare of the latter. Beyond that, there was a simple consolidation of some abilities.
- All of the various effects are now learned together with , instead of at different levels.
no longer gains a benefit from 영혼 태우기.
- 생명력 집중 no longer gains a benefit from 영혼 태우기.
- 영원의 숨결 no longer gains a benefit from 영혼 태우기.
no longer snares the enemy.
- 혼돈의 파동 now reduces enemy movement speed by 50%.
Decimation's effects have been merged into baseline 영혼의 불꽃
and 어둠의 화살
's effects have been merged into
pets now generates 20% more
has been removed. Its effects have been merged into
, which 고통 흑마법사
s should use in its place.
Nightfall's effects have been merged into baseline Corruption for Affliction Warlocks and now has a 6% chance to trigger (down from 10%).화염 파열
's effects have been merged into baseline
and Soulburn: Seed of Corruption can no longer both apply to the same target.
We felt that 흑마법사
s brought too much unique Raid utility, so decided to tone down 생명석
s and 악마의 관문
. We moved 치유 물약
s and 생명석
s into a cooldown of their own, and made them usable once per combat.
- 악마의 관문s no longer have charges (up from being limited to 5 charges). Every Party or Raid member can use them once every 90 seconds (up from 45 seconds). The maximum distance apart they can be placed is now 40 yards (down from 70 yards).
- 생명석's cooldown will now not reset until the player leaves combat. Healing from this ability is now a flat amount (instead of a % of maximum health) and can no longer be a Critical Effect.
For Affliction, we're happy with their rotation. But, Drain Soul was causing them to be too strong in situations where they had a steady supply of small creatures to kill. We reduced the effectiveness of its on-kill effect in order to solve this. Additionally, Soul Swap was changed to cost 1
to push it into its intended role of being a more expensive but faster method of applying your periodic damage effects, and better balance it against 유령 출몰
- now creates 1 (down from 4 ) when the target dies.
- 유령 출몰 now increases periodic damage by 30% (down from 35%).
- 영혼 바꾸기 now costs 1 (up from none).
: 영혼 바꾸기 costs a total of 2 (up from 1).
We were unsatisfied with Grimoire of Sacrifice for Demonology. Fundamentally, it did not fit Demonology's theme to sacrifice their pet, full time. We had toyed with ideas where it acted as a temporary cooldown for Demonology, but have decided to replace it with a new talent, which is more theme-appropriate, and fits well against the competition in that talent row. We also tweaked the design of Master Demonologist, in order to solve some edge cases, and simplify and clarify its effects.
- Mastery: has been slightly changed. It now passively increases all damage by 6% regardless of form. While in , it further increases the damage of , 혼돈의 파동, , 제물의 오라, and 영혼의 불꽃 while by 12%.
- Demon pets controlled by Demonology Warlocks now deal 20% more damage.
- Grimoire of Sacrifice is no longer available to 악마 흑마법사s and has a new talent, 흑마법서: 결속 in its place.
흑마법서: 결속: When the Warlock or their demon deals damage, there is a chance to trigger 악마의 결속력, granting the other one 15% increased damage for 15 seconds.
We've reduced the ability for ranged damage dealers to deal damage while moving in Warlords.
became a problematic talent because its mobility made 흑마법사
s much stronger compared to other casters. We redesigned how the ability works to be more powerful in bursts instead of always affecting only some spells.
- has been redesigned. calls upon the cunning of 킬제덴 to permit movement while casting 흑마법사 spells. This spell may be cast while casting other spells and lasts 8 seconds with a 1-minute cooldown.
- Fel Flame was removed.
Finally, there are a couple of miscellaneous changes. For Drain Life, we reduced the base healing somewhat, but massively increased the effectiveness of the Glyph which increases its healing, so as to help open up more potential
use in ideal situations. And lastly, we simplified 어둠의 연소
- now heals for 30% less than before.
- 어둠의 연소 no longer generates any mana.
- now increases the healing of by 100% (up from 30%).
전사 (Section Updated)
See the Ability Pruning section above for discussion of why we're pruning class abilities. For Warriors, we focused on removing abilities that were redundant, and making some tweaks to their rotations.
- 광폭 태세 has been removed.
- Cleave has been removed.
- 거인의 강타 is now available only to Arms Warriors.
- 치명상 is now available only to Protection Warriors.
- Demoralizing Banner has been removed.
- has been removed.
- is now available only to Protection Warriors.
- 필사의 일격 now replaces for Arms 전사s.
- 재집결의 함성 is no longer available to Protection Warriors.
- 무모한 희생 is now available only to Fury and Arms 전사s.
- 방패의 벽 is now available only to Protection Warriors.
- 투척 has been removed.
- 천둥벼락 is no longer available to Fury Warriors.
- 소용돌이 is now available only to Arms and Fury Warriors.
Ability Consolidation and Refinement
- 전투의 외침 now lasts 1 hour and no longer generates Rage.
- Blood and Thunder's effects have been merged into baseline 치명상 for Protection Warriors.
- Charge no longer generates Rage when charging against a non-player target multiple times in a row. Charge will still always generate Rage when used against other players.
- now lasts 1 hour and no longer generates Rage.
- 선봉대 now reduces damage taken by 20% (down from 25%).
- 사기의 외침 now lasts 8 seconds (down from 10 seconds).
- 최후의 저항 now lasts 12 seconds(down from 20 seconds).
- 방패의 벽 now lasts 8 seconds (down from 12 seconds).
- 's effects have been merged into .
- 티탄의 손아귀's effects have been merged into .
- now increases all damage by 30% (up from 20%) while using one-handed weapons.
- 무력화 now costs 10 Rage and deals 20% weapon damage, in addition to the movement speed slow.
- 푸줏간 식칼's effects have been merged into baseline 소용돌이 for Fury Warriors.
- now increases damage by 10% (down from 15%).
- 's effects have been merged into baseline 압도.
- 천둥벼락 now costs 10 Rage, and also reduces the movement speed of nearby enemies by 50% for 6 sec.
- 's effects have been merged into baseline 방패 밀쳐내기.
s have always had stances; they're very important to the feeling of being a 전사
. In order to make stances more meaningful, and ease keybinds, we made stances have their own action bars, and re-added stance restrictions on abilities. However, we also made it so that you'll automatically be shifted into the appropriate stance if you try to use an ability that isn't usable in your current stance. One important difference between this and previous incarnations of Warrior stances is that these abilities are rotational, not utility cooldowns. Stances are now more for different gameplay modes (dealing damage vs. tanking). There shouldn’t be cases where you find yourself swapping stances, use an ability, and then immediately swapping back.
- Warrior Stances now once again have their own action bars.
Attempting to use an ability that requires a different stance will now automatically switch to that stance.
. 무모한 희생
is now available for all 전사
specializations (was Protection only) and requires 선봉대
- For Arms and Fury Warriors, Shield Barrier can be used without a shield.
We wanted to fix a few problems with 전사
s. Prominently, we still weren't happy with Arms' rotation (and neither were many players), so we've made some more changes. The goal is to remove needless complexity while simultaneously adding more depth. As mentioned in the above section on Ability Pruning, Overpower and Heroic Strike have been removed for Arms 전사
In addition, we weren't satisfied with the Mastery for Arms. The intended flavor for Arms is about hitting with few, big, and heavy weapon strikes. Strikes of Opportunity actually went opposite of that, adding frequent little hits. We've replaced Strikes of Opportunity with a new Mastery which accentuates their intended design.
- for Arms 전사s now generates 115% more Rage from auto-attacks and 치명타 now generate double Rage.
- 선봉대 for Arms 전사s now generates 50% as much Rage from auto-attacks as in .
- Arms 전사s now generate Rage from taking auto-attack damage. Each 1% of health taken as damage will generate 1 Rage, up to 5 Rage per hit.
- Mastery: Strikes of Opportunity has been removed, and replaced with a new ability, Mastery: Weapons Master.
Mastery: Weapons Master increases the damage of 거인의 강타, 필사의 일격, and 마무리 일격 abilities by 28% (increasing with Mastery).
now costs 20 Rage, deals 225% increased damage, and no longer increases the damage of 격돌
is no longer available to Arms 전사
for Arms 전사
s now costs 10 Rage, and consumes up to 30 additional Rage to deal additional damage.필사의 일격
now costs 20 Rage (instead of generating 10 Rage).제압
has been removed. Arms 전사
s should now use 분쇄
is a new ability for Arms 전사
- 분쇄 causes bleed damage over 18 seconds, and a final burst of bleed damage when the effect expires. Costs 5 Rage
has been removed. Arms 전사
s should now use 분쇄
now costs 10 Rage (down from 30 Rage).급살
has been removed.
Unbridled Wrath has been removed.
Whirlwind now costs 20 Rage for Arms Warriors.
Burst Damage Cooldowns
As with other classes, we wanted to reduce cooldown stacking. Cutting Skull Banner did a ton to help that across the whole game. But for Warriors specifically, we needed to make further changes, including merging some of the personal benefit of Skull Banner back into 무모한 희생
. Also, to make up for 투척
being removed, we modified 영웅의 투척
to be more frequently usable.
- 영웅의 투척 is now a high-threat ability, generating 300% extra threat, has a 6-second cooldown (down from 30 seconds), but now has a 15 yard minimum range.
- 무모한 희생 now increases Critical Strike chance by 15% (down from 30%) and increases Critical Strike damage by 10% (up from 0%).
- 분쇄의 투척 no longer reduces the armor of the target; it only does damage and breaks immunities.
It also is no longer learned via any specialization, but instead through a new Major Glyph, Glyph of Shattering Throw.
Haste for 전사s
Haste has long been a problematic stat for Warriors, usually being of little value. As part of our commitment to ensuring all secondary stats are valuable (except Bonus Armor for non-tanks and Spirit for non-healers, of course), we're making a significant change to Warriors, to ensure that Haste has strong, competitive value. We're giving all 전사
s a new passive, which lets haste affect their global cooldown, and the cooldowns of their very-short-cooldown rotational abilities.
- is a new passive ability for Warriors:
: Haste reduces global cooldown and the cooldowns of 필사의 일격, 피의 갈증, 방패 밀쳐내기, and 천둥벼락.
Protection Warriors have received a few notable changes. First, we removed Dodge and Parry from gear, and expect Protection Warriors to value Haste and Critical Strike as important secondary stats. In order to achieve that, we made 반격
give defensive value to Critical Strike. The aforementioned
also helps for valuing Haste.
- 특화: 결정적 방어 now increases critical block chance by 12% (down from 17.6%).
- is a new passive ability for Protection Warriors.
causes Multistrike auto attacks to trigger a , which regenerates 3% of the 전사's health over 3 seconds. When this effect is refreshed, the remaining duration is added to the new effect.
has been redesigned.
- 반격 now gives the Warrior Parry equal to their Critical Strike bonus from gear.
now regenerates a new charge every 12 seconds (up from every 9 seconds).굳건한 파수대장
no longer increases Armor, but now also reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%. (See also: Hit and Expertise Removal.)
A few 전사
talents also were in need of revision. First, Second Wind was problematic; it was sometimes too weak, and sometimes too strong. We chose to change it from a passive health regeneration effect to the new 생기흡수
effect, so that low-health 전사
s have to maintain combat in order to benefit, instead of kiting, hiding, or otherwise playing defensively.
was changed to account for the removal of
The level-45 talent row was removed for crowd-control disarmament reasons, and also wanted to allow you to choose more rotational complexity through talents. We replaced the row with new talents, many of which are specialization-specific, giving you a variety of playstyle choices for your 전사
For the level-60 and level-90 Talent rows, certain combinations were proving problematic. We decided that 폭풍망치
would better compete with 충격파
and 용의 포효
, and that 칼날폭풍
would better compete with 투신
, so swapped 폭풍망치
's positions. We also adjusted the effects of a few talents in order to make them more competitive with the talents on their row.
- 칼날폭풍 is now a level-90 Talent, swapping places with 폭풍망치.
칼날폭풍 no longer allows use of Shouts except Demoralizing Shoutwhile active. It does still allow the use of 도발, , 방패의 벽, and 최후의 저항.
now heals for 100% more but the amount healed is no longer increased by being 분노
's damage is no longer reduced when hitting more than 1 target.
's cooldown has been reduced to 30 seconds, but it now replaces 주문 반사
no longer directly heals the 전사
while active. Instead, Second Wind grants the 전사
while active, which causes the 전사
to heal for 10% of all damage and healing done by the 전사
is now a level-60 Talent, swapping places with 칼날폭풍
has been removed and replaced with 3 new talents that vary by specialization.
- Arms: Taste for Blood: Each time 분쇄 deals damage, gain 3 Rage.
- Fury: : 분노의 베기 costs 25 less Rage.
- Protection: : 방패 밀쳐내기 deals 30% additional damage while 방패 올리기 or 방패 돌격 is active.
has been removed and replaced with a new talent, 급살
- 급살 causes auto-attack hits to have a 10% chance to make the next 마무리 일격 free and useable on any target, regardless of health level. These Executes do not consume additional Rage to deal additional damage.
- 날카로운 고함 is now available to all Fury Warriors as a baseline ability.
has been removed and replaced with 3 new talents that vary by specialization.
- Arms: Slam: Slam an opponent, causing 100% weapon damage. Each consecutive use of 격돌 increases the damage dealt by 50% and Rage cost by 100%. Requires Battle Stance.
- Fury: : 피의 갈증 no longer has a cooldown.
- Protection: : 압도 reduces the cost of by 5 Rage for 5 seconds, stacking up to 6 times. Once this effect reaches 6 applications, its duration will no longer refresh.
To better separate the playstyles between Fury and Arms Warriors, we’ve made several significant changes to Fury Warriors and make them a better fit for the specialization's theme: a relentless, bloodthirsty berserker. In particular, Colossus Smash and Heroic Strike was removed, since those abilities resulted in gameplay that was the complete opposite of that intended style. 분노의 베기
was modified to fill the role of a quick excess Rage dump. We also felt that auto attack damage had become too high and moved some of that damage into 마무리 일격
. 마무리 일격
has been changed to now deal damage based on Weapon Damage instead of just Attack Power. Finally, we've updated some to spell alerts to improve usability.
- 's effects have been merged into baseline 피의 갈증 and no longer reduce 분노의 베기's global cooldown. Its spell alert has moved to the top slot instead of the left and right slots and now has 2 charges (down from 3 charges).
- 피의 갈증 now replaces for Fury Warriors.
분노의 베기 now has a 0.75 second baseline global cooldown and costs 45 Rage.
now has 30% additional Critical Strike chance (instead of double the normal Critical Strike chance).
no longer increases auto attack damage. Instead, it also causes 마무리 일격
to hit with the off-hand weapon.분노의 강타
now extends the duration of 거인의 강타
by 2 seconds, and has a spell alert on the left and right slots.
Glyph of Colossus Smash is a new glyph available to Fury Warriors. The glyph increases the duration of 거인의 강타
's effect to 20 seconds, but reduces its effectiveness.
We also expanded
to affect all damage, not just Physical damage, and increased its duration slightly so that it can cover burst windows like 거인의 강타
adequately. We're also making a change to the design of 치명상
, to try to limit is effectiveness in PvP, without hurting its effectiveness in PvE.
- Mastery: Unshackled Fury (Fury) now increases all damage (up from only Physical damage).
- 치명상 now lasts 15 seconds, or until the target is healed to full health.
- now increases all damage (up from only Physical damage).
- Nighttime environments for some areas received lighting adjustments to make them more night like.
- Cross-realm zones have been enabled for the continent of Pandaria.
- Classic starting areas (Levels 1-10) received a number of improvements to the tutorial, quests, and creature/NPC tuning to provide a smoother starting experience.
Isle of Thunder
- Kor’kron guards and forces loyal to Garrosh have been ousted from Horde cities and settlements.
- Access to Ordon Sanctuary or eligibility for loot from Ordos no longer requires players to have completed the Legendary Cloak questline.
- Troves of the Thunder King has been retired and associated achievements have been converted into Feats of Strength.
- Key to the Palace of Lei Shen has been removed. Elder Charm of Good Fortune will now drop in place of the key.
Legendary Cloak Quest Line
- Warforged Seals is no longer a weekly quest. Players can now redeem as many Warforged Seals as they have Lesser Charms of Good Fortune for!
- Warlocks that have successfully completed Infiltrating the Black Temple by defeating Kanrethad Ebonlocke before patch 6.0.2 will receive a special title.
- As part of the transition from Mists of Pandaria to Warlords of Draenor, players who are not already on the Legendary Cloak quest line will no longer be able to begin it.
- Players that are already on the Legendary Cloak quest line have until November 13 to complete Wrathion's tasks and challenges. Once Warlords of Draenor launches, the Legendary Cloak quest line will be gone entirely—the quests and the cloak will no longer be obtainable, and any related in-progress quests will be cleared from the quest log.
- Characters will continue to be able to repurchase rewards they've already obtained (such as the epic cloak and Legendary metagem) from the quest line.
- A Test of Valor has been removed. Players on Wrathion’s Legendary quest line will now skip ahead to the next step.
- Full details of the changes can be found in the blog titled: Legendary Cloak Quest Last Chance – Black Prince Buff Extended.
Raids, Dungeons, and ScenariosValor and Justice Point Removal
Personal Loot for Raids
- Valor Points and Justice Points have been removed.
- Most items that formerly had a Valor and Justice Point cost now cost gold instead.
- Valor and Justice Points remaining on a character will be converted into gold at a rate of 47 silver per point.
Siege of Orgrimmar
- Support for personal loot mode has expanded to other Raid difficulties (Normal, Heroic, and Mythic) on Siege of Orgrimmar and in future Raids.
- Loot is no longer automatically deposited to the player’s inventory after defeating a boss in personal loot mode. Players eligible to receive loot should now be able to loot the boss to see what they received.
- Note: Siege of Origrimmar on Raid Finder difficulty uses the new personal loot system. Players should now loot the boss or a chest that spawns after defeating them.
- Raid Leaders can now elect to use Personal loot mode for their Raid under Loot Options.
- In the event a character that’s eligible but was unable to loot the boss, contents of what they would have received is automatically mailed to the them.
Legacy Raid Changes
- Siege of Orgrimmar achievements will be relabeled according to the new difficulty structure (e.g. “Heroic: Malkorok” will now be “Mythic: Malkorok”). Credit for these achievements will be retroactively awarded to players who earned them prior to Patch 6.0.2.
- 가로쉬 헬스크림
“Ahead of the Curve” and “Cutting Edge” achievements for defeating 가로쉬 헬스크림 are no longer obtainable.
- 용의 영혼: Characters above level 86 can now solo-queue for Dragon Soul on Raid Finder difficulty by speaking with Auridormi outside of the entrance to 용의 영혼 in 시간의 동굴.
- 얼음왕관 성채: Door leading past Valithria is now open by default, allowing players to skip the encounter.
- 울두아르: Thorim no longer resets when his arena is empty.
- Completing random normal difficulty dungeons via Dungeon Finder in Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, and Mists of Pandaria now awards a Satchel of Helpful Goods.
- This Challenge Mode season for Mists of Pandaria has come to an end. A new set of Challenge Mode dungeons will be available with the release of Warlords of Draenor!
- Achievements associated with Mists of Pandaria Challenge Mode have been converted into Feats of Strength.
- Bronze Medal Holders: The “Undaunted” title awarded for completing every Challenge Mode dungeon with a rating of Bronze or better is now account-wide.
- Silver Medal Holders: Characters that have completed every Challenge Mode dungeon with a rating of Silver or better now has access to all four Pandaren Phoenix variants (Crimson, Ashen, Emerald, and Violet), and the mounts are also account-wide.
- Gold Medal Holders
Cosmetic armor sets for each class remains character-specific. Characters that have earned all nine Gold medals will continue to be able to repurchase the appropriate set from Challenger Soong or Challenger Wuli in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
- Characters that have earned one or more “Challenger’s Path” teleport spells by earning Gold medals in Mists of Pandaria Challenge Modes will retain those spells.
- Realm Best Titles held by the players who had the best clear time for a given dungeon on a given server have been removed and will receive a new title of Mistwalker to commemorate the accomplishment. There will be new titles to contend for in Warlords of Draenor.
- Proving Grounds can now be accessed by characters starting at level 15. However, only level 100 characters will be able to progress past Bronze.
- Achievements associated with the level-90 version of Proving Grounds have been moved into a Legacy category.
- Characters that have completed the achievement: Proving Yourself: Endless Damage (Wave 30) will retain their titles.
- Provided additional safeguards to prevent accidental PvP flagging.
Non-PvP flagged players are unable to heal or damage PvP flagged players unless they manually flag themselves for PvP combat.
PvP flagging can be toggled by typing /pvp into chat.
Players on a non-PvP realm joining a cross-realm group now receive a confirmation prompt warning that they may cross into a PvP enabled realm by joining the group.
Battlegrounds and Arenas
PvP Season 15 comes to an end with the launch of Patch 6.0.2.
- Conquest Points will be converted into Honor Points, and any Honor above the cap of 4,000 will be converted into in-game currency at a rate of 35 silver per point.
- Season 15 items will have Conquest costs converted into Honor Points equivalent to their previous Conquest Point cost, with the exception of any items that have a rating requirement.
- Season 15 items with rating requirements will no longer be available for purchase.
- Note that Arena and Rated Battleground matches will not be available until PvP Season 16 begins.
- Battleground brackets have been restructured to be every 10 levels instead of every 5 levels (10-19, 20-29, 30-39, etc.). Players will still have their effective character level increased to the maximum level for that bracket.
- Flag carriers in Eye of the Storm and Deepwind Gorge are now subject to the Focused Assault and Brutal Assault debuff.
Focused Assault is a stacking debuff that increases damage taken by 10% per stack with a new stack being applied every 30 seconds after all flags have been picked up from their bases. Upon reaching 5 stacks, Focused Assault turns into Brutal Assault.
- Brutal Assault is a stacking debuff that increases damage taken by 10% per stack and limits the character to normal running speed. A new stack is applied every 30 seconds with a limit of 15 stacks.
- Arena Skirmishes have been reintroduced and are now available for players that want to test their mettle against other Arena teams in an unranked environment. Honor Points are awarded to the winning team of an Arena Skirmish match.
- Dampening is now applied to an Arena match starting at the 5 minute mark for all Arena matches.
- The War Games command line parameter has been changed to accept BattleTag or RealID friend as the first argument.
Example usage: /wg BattleTagfriend arena tournamentrules
- Both arena and tournamentrules are optional. The arena parameter if specified will do a best-match search of valid arenas or a random one will be chosen. If tournamentrules hasn’t been set, it will default to false.
- Items listed for sale on the Alliance, Horde, and neutral auction houses have now been combined together on a per-realm basis.
- Vendors who sell PvE Heirloom items for Justice Points have taken a vacation. PvE Heirlooms will continue to be available at the Darkmoon Faire and Trial of the Crusader, and PvP Heirlooms will still be able to be purchased for Honor.
Shield and off-hand Heirloom items will be added to PvE Heirloom vendors at the Darkmoon Faire.
- Discussion for this topic can be found in the forum thread titled: Heirloom Vendor Change in Patch 6.0.2.
Removed class restrictions from weapons, off-hand items, and shields found in Dragon Soul in Raid Finder difficulty.
Class Tier armor set bonuses have been modified to adjust for ability pruning and consolidation.
Restored Artifacts sold by Spirit of Harmony Vendors now costs 3 Spirit of Harmony (up from 1).
Argent Crusade, Ebon Blade, Kirin Tor, Sons of Hodir, and Wyrmrest Commendation Badges are no longer sold.Black Market Auction House
- Duration for auctions on the Black Market Auction House has been slightly reduced. Bids made on items with less than 5 minutes remaining will continue to extend the duration of the auction.
- Added a What’s New screen (also accessible through the Game Menu -> What’s New) with a brief summary of new features, highlights, and content that has been added.
- Dungeon Journal has been updated with new information on Warlords content.
- Added a tab for graphic settings that are applied while in a Raid or Battleground.
- Outline Mode is a new setting that places an outline around important NPCs and objects without having to look at nameplates or tooltips.
- Key Bindings are now grouped by category for ease of navigation.
- Added an option to toggle floating combat text for pet battles.
- Added an option to display a number for time remaining on ability cooldowns.
- Improved weapon comparison tooltips to make it easier to compare between 2-handed and 1-handed weapon setups.
- Add-ons can now be managed without logging to the character selection screen.
Guilds no longer have levels. All guilds have access to a standard set of bonuses and abilities on creation.
- Season 1 of the Brawler's has come to a close and associated achievements have been converted into Feats of Strength.
- Fights will be unavailable while the Brawler's Guild is being refitted in preparation for Season 2 (available after Warlords of Draenor has launched.)
- Account-wide membership in Brawler's Guild will carry over to Season 2. Once a brawler, always a brawler!
- Entries in the Mount Journal now have a description and information on where or how the mount can be obtained.
- Mount Journal now lists all mounts that have been collected on the account. Ones that the character is unable to use will be displayed in red.
- Players can now designate a mount as favorite, placing it at the top of the collected mounts list.
- Summon Random Favorite Mount has been added, randomly summoning a mount that’s usable for the area from the favorites list.
- All flying mounts are now able to be used as a ground mount in areas that do not allow flying.
- Grand Expedition Yak’s reforging vendor (Mystic Birdhat) has been replaced with a vendor that offers transmogrification services.
- (Mount spells in Wowhead's WoD database display journal details--click on any to view.)